Original topic:

Samsung pass is saying my phone is rooted but it's not?

(Topic created on: 05-11-2019 07:03 PM)
zicdeh
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy Note
I clicked on the app to see what accounts I have saved but my phone seems to think my phone is rooted when Samsung Pay still works and root checker verifies that it's not.. anyone else having his problem? 

17 Comments
Galaxy Note
Which device do you have - Was it EVER Rooted?
You can try Clearing Cache & Data for Samsung Pass 🐧
0 Likes
zicdeh
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
I'm using a note 8. it wasn't never rooted. my Knox is still intact. my samsung pay and secret folder still work for some reason pass keeps thinking my phone is rooted tho. it wasn't like this last week.
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Yeah Root was never available for the Snapdragon Note8 - That's why I asked what device you had - I've heard others say that some apps - ie: Samsung Health is fairly common in generating this false report - Clearing Cache & Data for the app should fix the problem 😉🐧
0 Likes
kanezzz
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

Yes it was, for version 7.1.1 up bootloader revision three... that was when it was barely getting oreo update.  Now they have root working on this exact model for the 6th revisn of the bootloader 7.1.1...  just Because Samsung has claimed to have killed rooting on flagships on the snapdragon variant that's simply untrue, now a days however you are lucky if you have one single bootloader version on every single new devices software that they roll out with .this the note 9 now also has partial root...you shouldn't rule out the fact that some permissions, most likely through adb or a terminal emulator. I KNOW it is a permission somewhere, because this happens. To me with every samsung because I root them all, and I can tell this man could have even used a back up from a rooted device and that is ALSO the cause of this.  Because it shares some similar permissions because of the restore used. There's a couple this could be happening, it all revolves around people attempting to get root,  samsung doesn't detect root because it has Ssupersu...it detects it because certain permissions  have been altered,  that the average user actually doesn't know about. Things like PM GRANT  shells will cause this even. Another example is having busybox installed without root. Uninstall any and all form of mods to the phone and it will be normal again

Asishkumardora
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

Your idea is not working. Problem seems with the Samsung privacy for these older model devices.

0 Likes
souravg
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
i am having the same trouble. and my phone was never rooted. wtf is happening !!
0 Likes
gchindrish
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

Si eu am acceasi problema **bleep** un samsung a50,**bleep** se poate remedia?

0 Likes
GuestofHonor
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Note

I'm having the same error after updating today.

This is simply BS

0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
DO NOT OPEN THAT LINK or you will be flooded with ads and might even get pop-up ads on your phone all the time. I repeat, DO NOT OPEN THAT LINK. This person is only trying to make money from S Members with stolen content. Don't reward this shameful behavior.
0 Likes