Original topic:

Samsung pay is not supported on this device

(Topic created on: 04-17-2020 10:46 AM)
Lasindu12
Beginner Level 4
Options
Galaxy Note

I do have a Galaxy Note 10 plus, which I've purchased in Sri Lanka. Currently I've moved into Canada and tried using Samsung Pay for my easiness. But Yet it gives me the message, that "Samsung Pay is not supported on this device". 

Can somebody help me on this issue? 

0 Likes
14 Comments
carr0498
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note

Do you have the SM-N975F model number?  You may be out of luck to use it in Canada.

Lasindu12
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy Note

Oh yeah. That's the model number I have. So does it mean that I can't use in Canada? 

0 Likes
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Note
I would believe @carr0498
Although sketchy at times 🤪🤣
They are Likely correct on this 👍
No it won't work!
By sketchy I mean this...
https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-Gallery/Girls-be-like/td-p/3407435
omg this cracks me up, you crazy bird 🙃
carr0498
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
I got a small library of those...maybe I'll post more next time I see those IG wannabes
0 Likes
Halston
Options
Galaxy Note

Thanks @carr0498,
Hi @Lasindu12

Please note that the Samsung pay is country specific and you can use only Samsung pay Canada on Canadian devices. As it is Srilankan device, Samsung pay Canada is not supported.

Jude525
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

Yeah, I wish I'd known this before "saving money" on an international/unlocked Note 10 lite. I ended up buying a Galaxy watch to get basic Samsung pay functionality back, but without the MST option. (We won't even get into how disappointed I am with the battery life on the Galaxy watch!)

What's most frustrating is that, because I don't actually have the Samsung Pay app on my watch, the Wearable variant of Samsung Pay can't be directly accessed through my app list. I have to back into it through settings. Just a total s*** show all around. After 10 years of Samsung loyalty, I've finally hit a whole lot of disappointment.

0 Likes
Members_5qdJuZS
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

Enable OEM unlocking in Developer options and reflash the stock ROM to the Taiwan version (BRI) by using Odin.  This works for me! Good luck!

0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
S Pay should really be CSC-independent
carr0498
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note

Different countries, different regulations.  Better to have it split up so they can be independently managed.