Original topic:

Samsung pay keeps saying card temporarily unavailable

(Topic created on: 01-16-2020 12:53 AM)
Brando
Active Level 10
Options
Galaxy Note
Every once in awhile samsung pay keeps saying that my card is temporarily unavailable and says I need to connect to the internet in order to access my card. I'm always connected to the internet. This is the 3rd time this has happened. Please fix this. I've never had this problem on my s9 but has been a continuing issue on my note 10

Galaxy Note
From other post, the member also having same problem and with Scotiabank debit card only. Most likely something not right between Samsung Pay and Scotiabank. Maybe report this to Samsung Support?
0 Likes
Samsung_azxSo2v
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Note

I'm using a Simplii Financial card - they are associated with CIBC and I've got the same issue with my debit card only.  It's been like this for the past 2 days.

However, my CIBC Visa is fine

0 Likes
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Note
Have you updated the app lately? I'd roll er back a version or two if you can 🤷‍♂️
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
@mytech, Brando said it is already up to date. Also, this issue happened since Android9. Plus all using the same bank debit card, Scotiabank. I think there is some problem between Samsung Pay and Scotiabank.
skez
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
same thing with westminster savings. and cannot delete and register card as email code never makes it to my inbox.
0 Likes
Dwgystyl
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
Found this while searching for a resolution.. I'm with Rbc and it keeps happening.
0 Likes
Samsung_y6tZ1b8
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

Hi I got same problem here with CIBC

Second time it happens in a month.

Only solution I got for how is deleting and re-adding the card.  The problem comes back after a few weeks.

0 Likes
JohnX65
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
I also have this problem but with an RBC card. I continually get 10 uses then it stops. only 10 amd it tells me to connect even though it's always connected. it appears that the samsung app is not connecting between the phone and samsung. I have been told that you get 10 tokens in the app to use incase you are offline and that's what appears to be happening. I have used samsung pay since it was live in canada and since the update late last year, I keep having to delete my card and readd it. it's very annoying and I would really like samsung to fix this.
0 Likes
Samsung_azxSo2v
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Note

I think you're on to something. I have 10 uses before mine died as well...

0 Likes
webreid
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Note
Same, deleted and added twice. Tangerine (owned by Scotiabank).
0 Likes