Original topic:

Samsung pay keeps saying card temporarily unavailable

(Topic created on: 03-22-2020 06:15 PM)
Brando
Active Level 10
Options
Galaxy Note
Every once in awhile samsung pay keeps saying that my card is temporarily unavailable and says I need to connect to the internet in order to access my card. I'm always connected to the internet. This is the 3rd time this has happened. Please fix this. I've never had this problem on my s9 but has been a continuing issue on my note 10

Gemini
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
I have switched to the S20 Ultra and the Z Flip, so far I haven't had the same issue I had with the S10 and Note 10 Plus
0 Likes
Xena2020
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
same issue here. super annoying. I'm with RBC bank. I'm on wifii and Data but it won't connect to either one.
0 Likes
Xena2020
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
No, I have the same problem and mine is RBC.
0 Likes
Xena2020
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
Anyone found a solution yet besides scrap it and use Google Pay instead?
0 Likes
Members_c7khcKs
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

I found a fix (for me at least). I'm so **bleep** happy.

1. Delete the Samsung pay app.

2.Redownload Samsung pay, attempt to re-add your debit/reverify it with your bank (it probably won't work but just check to see)

3. Download google pay, add your debit there and set as your main payemnt app.

4. Clear your App history/drawer then goto Samsung pay. 

-Add the debit card and set app as your main payment apps (this may take upto 4 attempts as the connection may not go through/become secure).

It should be able to get a proper connection to your bank now :). 

It took me 3 attempts in Samsung pay but now I have access to my bank card, without using NFC. 

0 Likes
Kaptain
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

I am having exactly the same problem for some time now - a bit over 1 month now the same problem persists. My phone is Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G, and I am always connected, cellular network and/or WIFI. The card is showing as "Wirecard by German bank". I have tried several different ways - restarted my phone several times, go to "airplane mode" on then off,  and called customer support, they said its not their card problem, they ask to call Samsung support. So far I have not found a fix. 

Btw, I have no problem using other cards (Visa and Mastercard) that are in Samsung Pay. Samsung reward card is the only card showing as "Temporarily unavailable", although I was able to redeem the earned reward $ to the card and the available funds get added.

My previous phone is a Samsung Galaxy Note9, and used it for nearly 2 years. I have never encountered such problems with Samsung Reward Card with my previous phone,

0 Likes
Kaptain
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

Ok, this solution resolved the problem:

0) From Samsung Pay App: Cards -> Select Samsung Rewards Card -> Delete Card. 

Don't worry even you have a balance in the account. you won't lose your balance.

1) Go to phone "Settings" -> "Apps" -> "Samsung Pay" -> "Storage" -> click "Clear Cache".

2) Go to phone "Settings" -> "Apps" -> "Samsung Pay Framework" -> uninstall latest update

3) Go back to  Samsung Pay App:  go to "Help" -> Add Samsung rewards card

This completes the replacement of the non-functional old card. 

You will not lose any balance.

0 Likes
Members_c7khcKs
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

Unfortunately your solution of clearing the cache doesn't do anything.

0 Likes
Members_c7khcKs
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

I found a fix (for me at least). I'm so **bleep** happy.

1. Delete the Samsung pay app.

2.Redownload Samsung pay, attempt to re-add your debit/reverify it with your bank (it probably won't work but just check to see)

3. Download google pay, add your debit there and set as your main payemnt app.

4. Clear your App history/drawer then goto Samsung pay. 

-Add the debit card and set app as your main payment apps (this may take upto 4 attempts as the connection may not go through/become secure).

It should be able to get a proper connection to your bank now :). 

It took me 3 attempts in Samsung pay but now I have access to my bank card, without using NFC. 

•  
0 Likes
Pauly13
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
I have the same issue
0 Likes