Samsung really garbage

(Topic created on: 05-25-2020 03:32 PM)
faqir2112
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note
1400$ for a phone hahahaha
No honestly I have note 9 
And this phone fell into water I toke it out the next I was taking piture I noticed it's blurred I toke a look at back I saw water in camera,
Ok I went to Samsung sevice Senter I showed the phone and I explained that my phone fell in water ant now there is water in the phone, you know what they said to me they said it is water damage and it is not cover by Samsung warranty, we don't fix your phone under warranty, if you want to be repaire I have to pay.
Ok people, if you go to Samsung website it says the phone is water resistant up to one and half meter
While my phone fell only into sink . You see how misleading is Samsung. And they expect us to buy their garbage for 1200$ to 1400$, really hahaha
I'm done with Samsung...... No more Samsung products.  

This Tex is from Samsung website
Submerged for 30 minutes and still works For most phones, water is Kryptonite. But after being i n 1 .5 meters of water, the Ga laxy N ote9 a nd S Pe n can keep going. They're sealed from the inside out forthe highest rating you can getwhen it comes to protecting your phone from dust and water: IP68.
Vía
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
Sorry, for your inconvenience 😕

Your phone falls into the water; you took it out, and it was still able to take pictures—although the pictures were blurry. You haven't mentioned whether or not you had Samsung Care at the time, so I will assume you are referring to, or simply were under the Manufacturer's Warranty when you went to Samsung's Service Center.

1: Your phone resisted the water; which is why you are/were still able to take pictures. Yes, it was blurry. But, considering it was submerged, or almost fully so, it did the best it could!

2: If you were under the Manufacturer's Warranty, Accidental Liquid Damage, for the most part, is never covered for most products that exist out there in the world.

Thus, if a charge was required, it makes sense.

What I propose for future products (if you spend that much money): Get insurance to match; Get Samsung Care.

(Insurance is never after the fact but before an incident.)
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
IP68 is IP68. If the product does not comply with this, that means it was defective. The phone is built to the IP68 standard. If they'd just toss your warranty away because of "hey, there's water. Gotta pay us, thanks!", they'd probably have forgotten about the S7 Active, which had a widespread fault and could not keep water out in compliance with IP68

https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s7_active_didnt_pass_consumer_reports_water_test_twice-news-...

https://www.sammobile.com/2016/07/17/samsung-stands-behind-the-galaxy-s7-actives-water-resistance-ce...

And in that case, they said they "stands behind this water resistance certification, and will replace any Galaxy S7 active under its standard limited warranty, should water damage occur."

https://news.samsung.com/us/official-statement-response-consumer-reports-gs7-active-water-resistance...

Paying up is the easy way, but I hope that if you are to fight for your rights, these resources are helpful
faqir2112
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
exactly what happened to me it was under warranty, when I went to Samsung sevice center they told me it is water damage and it is not covered by Samsung warranty, if you want to fix your phone I have to pay for it.

0 Likes
dejanh
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
Another excellent post. I will leave this here as well https://www.enclosurecompany.com/ip-ratings-explained.php. As CHMultimedia already said, IP68 is IP68. Samsung needs to stop trying to weasel out of responsibility.
0 Likes
cmdacos
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
bye.
0 Likes
300kc
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
you could try to leave it in a bag/bowl of uncooked rice. This is known to somehow extract water. It may help but it may not.
0 Likes
carr0498
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note

This is the solution.  Leave it on a bag full of rice for 3 days.  Should be enough time to capture the water.

But as previously stated, Samsung is 100% in denying your warranty claim. Resistant doesn't mean that even if the device is within the limitations or the ip68 spec, that water can't get in. Be more careful with your device.. You can't blame Samsung for this. Take responsibility for your own actions

0 Likes
dejanh
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
That's literally not how IP68 rating works. Can you imagine if this was the attitude in B2B?! It's almost laughable.
0 Likes
carr0498
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note

actually, yes, that is exactly how  it works.  That's why it's called water resistance, and not water proof in those conditions.   There are variables that may or may not be included in the specific conditions.  Such as if there is force applied to the fine mesh screens inside by rushing water.  Dropping into water may cause the force to be great enough for water to seep through the mesh.

0 Likes
stevee812
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
there's the other way to extract the water and it's with the silicone packets u get in beef jerky.clothing.etc it's supposed to work better than rice
0 Likes