Original topic:

Samsung suspends Galaxy Note 7 production

(Topic created on: 10-09-2016 10:02 PM)
Jiwon23
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy Note
Article from "Android Central".

Latest development follows days of reported battery fires from new Note 7.

Samsung has "temporarily suspended" production of the Galaxy Note 7, according to Korea's Yonhap News. The outlet cites an unnamed official at one of Samsung's suppliers.
The halt is in cooperation with consumer safety regulators from South Korea, the United States and China, the official said on the condition of anonymity.

"This measure includes a Samsung plant in Vietnam that is responsible for global shipments (of the Galaxy Note 7)," the official said.

The latest development comes amid reports that new, replacement models are experiencing battery fires. All four U.S. carriers have now suspended sales of the troubled phone, and in the past few hours additional reports of new Note 7s catching fire in the U.S. have emerged.

Meanwhile Australian carrier Telstra says Samsung has "temporarily paused the supply" of replacement Note 7s following the past few days' reports, according to The Verge:

Please be advised of some updates to the Samsung Note 7 Global Exchange program.

Samsung has temporarily paused the supply of new Galaxy Note7 smartphones following a reported incident in a replacement phone in the US. Samsung is confident in the replacement Note7 and says they have no reason to believe it's not safe. We'll let you know the status of your replacement Note7 as soon as we have more information.

We have contacted impacted customers to advise them of the delay.

We'll update this article with further developments as they emerge. We've reached out to Samsung for comment.
0 Likes
8 Comments
chrisdugar
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
so... what the hell i am suposed to do with my note 7?..
0 Likes
Jiwon23
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
Refund it asap.
johndoe1
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
sucks... there's no phone as good as the note 7, I'm not ready to move to Apple 😑!
chrisdugar
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
same here.. if i move... ill move to apple...so sad... love this phone...😟
0 Likes
datbananaboi
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
SO SAD FOR SAMSUNG *sob*
0 Likes
cnewell74
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
Me too. I don't want any other phone.
0 Likes
ivy2314
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
does this mean even if we have the replacement phones we have to return it? im so confuse.... i dont know what to do with my note 7 :( i already bought so many accessories for it :(
0 Likes
Jiwon23
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
Ask Samsung Canada about accessories, if you have receipts for them, they will compensate you some.
0 Likes