Screen off memo not working...

(Topic created on: 01-21-2020 06:09 AM)
Server
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy Note
My ability to use screen off memo disappeared on my Note 9.  Popping spen
out does not trigger the memo function 

Can't figure out why but if anyone has any suggestions it would be appreciated. 

Tia
0 Likes
32 Comments
Vic20
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
Did you check S Pen settings to see if Screen Off memo is enabled? Maybe it got accidentally disabled.
0 Likes
Server
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
it was the first thing I checked. nada 😞
this is strange cuz it's never happened before
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Does your S-Pen charges when it's inside the phone? I'm thinking maybe the phone doesn't recognize the pen anymore somehow.
0 Likes
Server
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
it does charge and the icon shows everytime it's withdrawn. plus the spen widget appears. totally bizarre. thanks
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Hi Server, do you want to try clear data and clear cache in Samsung Note App?
Server
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
so I cleared the cache and screen off memo is not working. the only thing i can think of was the fact i used to used Samsung's sview case and recently removed it. that's when it stopped working. was there ever a setting to toggle something for s-view cases?
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Hmmm...how about Samsung Notes permission, do you have the same permission like my screenshot?
Galaxy Note
I think check your Samsung Note permission for storage. Screen off memo require storage to save in Samsung Notes. Make sure permission allow for storage under Samsung Notes.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
You mean Clear View Cover? Pretty sure there aren't S View covers for the Note9.

Screen Off Memo always worked with my Note9 in my Clear View Cover. That's really strange
0 Likes