Screen off memo not working...

(Topic created on: 01-21-2020 12:13 PM)
Server
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy Note
My ability to use screen off memo disappeared on my Note 9.  Popping spen
out does not trigger the memo function 

Can't figure out why but if anyone has any suggestions it would be appreciated. 

Tia
0 Likes
Server
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
the mystery continues... I have all permissions checked and allowed and cleared cache multiples times. this community is great but I think I may have stumped the elders on here. I'm not giving up but I can't think if anything else. the only link was changing cases because it broke. yes clear view cover is what I meant. still researching. may have to try safe mode in case a rogue app is blocking this native function. once again, thanks to everyone.
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
This is strange. Last thing to do if nothing work. Backup entire phone and do a factory reset.
0 Likes
nagymohyrizk
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

Thank u .I had same issue.i followed your instruction .toggle on ( appera on top ) for S.NOTE..the  issue is then  solved. Screen off memmo worked back again.

0 Likes
Jakes1
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

I had the same problem. Resolved it by doing the following :

*Settings 

*Apps

*Special access

*Appear on top

*Toggle on Samsung notes

Should solve the problem 

Lilo01
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Note

Thanks, it's the best answer. It worked.

0 Likes
Server
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
yeah I figured. but I need to confirm if it's software or hardware first. the fact that s-pen is fully functional tells me most likely a software anomaly. but my case broke when I dropped it and the spen flew out like a dart. i never tested screen off memo at that instance to make sure all was fine. until I installed my rhino case I then noticed screen off memo wasnt working.
0 Likes
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Note
Have you updated lately?
Have you restarted lately?

I'd toggle screen memo off, restart, toggle it on and try it.
Before a factory reset maybe go into safe mode and wipe cache. Iknow it seems redundant to wiping data and cache of notes but maybe some settings just don't wanna dance together until they get a wipe of cache in safe mode drink.
0 Likes
Vic20
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
As @mytech stated, try to disable, reboot and enable again. Try clearing cache partition in recovery. Test to see if the S Pen is actually working. Either in Members app or dialing *#0*# in the phone keypad. Boot into safe mode and test. As last resort, factory reset. BUT do a backup first as this will wipe everything and start fresh.
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Note
Nice 1!
0 Likes
Server
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
so I've toggled S.O.M and rebooted and tested. then i toggled back on and tested. nothing. when I withdraw spen the sound is there but nothing happens. nothing changed software wise other than app updates. spen test in dev mode passed. just the SOM is not triggered. going to wipe system cache and test again.
0 Likes