Screen off memo not working...

(Topic created on: 01-21-2020 02:33 PM)
Server
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy Note
My ability to use screen off memo disappeared on my Note 9.  Popping spen
out does not trigger the memo function 

Can't figure out why but if anyone has any suggestions it would be appreciated. 

Tia
0 Likes
Solution
Galaxy Note
I've a feeling is the software issue. SPen passed the dev mode. remove SPen has sound. Maybe unistall Samsung Note update and re-install update. But like to hear your reply if you are able to fix it or if you have find the cause. Want to know what happen thou 😅
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Note
Just make sure the notes (if you need them) are backed up if you delete and reinstall the app.
0 Likes
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Note
search the forum and do the wipe cache in safe mode, might fixer , if not I'm all in with @Tallman
0 Likes
Server
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
Tallman, you da man!! It was indeed an update that interfered with SOM. I downgraded to OEM version and it worked!! thanks to everyone. you guys are the reason this community works!!
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼 So happy you fixed the problem. 😀😀😀
0 Likes
Server
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
sometimes our OCD to have the latest version of our native apps can break other native in built functions. I didn't make the connection cuz I forgot the app updated itself.
0 Likes
osazip
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

Interestingly, I had the same thing happen on mine, plus general weirdness. I uninstalled Wish and Uber Eats and it's back to working again. My heartfelt apologies to the Wish team for closing the door on whatever invasive malware you injected on my phone.

0 Likes
Notso
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

Had the same problem on my Note 9.  Turns out I had changed permissions.  Under settings for Samsung Notes, you must turn on the Appear on Top.  For me, that solved the problem.

0 Likes
SunPanchal
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

Try going to settings > apps > samsung notes > toggle around with permissions... U will have to mostly allow them.... Mine had stopped working after an update n the boom....it started working!

Do revert! Good luck ...

0 Likes
VibrantlyBrantly
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy Note

I had the same problem, had to give permission to draw over other apps.

0 Likes