Original topic:

Security and tinfoil hats

(Topic created on: 02-25-2020 03:14 AM)
mytech
Expert Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note
Thoughts? 
I don't too much crazy stuff with my device other than use it, phone/text/email/music/Dex/notes/videos/pictures/games/apps/excel/health/google/automation/this place 🙄 lol I use this for more than I think lol and avoid updates 😂
Just wondering if anyone uses any malware or anti virus apps? 
I'm currently just using Malwarebytes 🤷‍♂️

Don't forget your tinfoil hats... 
This will be forever burned in my brain 🤣😭... 

9 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
maxfootball18
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
On a phone? Nope. If i need something scanned it's my computer job to do it. Antivirus on a phone is usually not even scanning properly and full of bloatware.

View solution in context

Solution
sregfjdg
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
the only purpose of a mobile antivirus is to make money off you

View solution in context

Solution
Galaxy Note
In spite of the fact that Samsung has a native "antivirus" app built-in - Which I never activate - (Guess that McAfee pays Samsung enough) - Samsung advises against using antivirus apps

https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/mobile-devices/galaxy-note10-protect-from-viruses-and-malware/

Bottom line - Antivirus on Android is a scam - My 2 cents FWIW.

View solution in context

Solution
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
McAfee pays to be included everywhere. Bell insisted to install it with my Fiber Internet (And I insisted that I don't want it), Dell very generously preinstalled it on my laptop and I very swiftly got rid of it by installing a clean Windows copy, Samsung too, HP at least used to preinstall them (haven't had an HP laptop since Windows 8.1 though so I don't know if they still do...)

View solution in context

Solution
Galaxy Note
@Chmultimedia Yeah on my Samsung Notebook - Before the ssd fried I only had Windows security & with the new ssd and fresh install of Windows - Nothing other than the Windows security - McAfee is deactivated on my S10+ and it will stay that way.

View solution in context

Solution
vape
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
Joe blow doesn't need all that crap (the general population)

Now if your one to go on the onion or the pirate bay (torrents) than I suggest that you have layers of protection.

And If your into really bad stuff use your friends pc 😂

View solution in context

Solution
Galaxy Note
Not at all. I know what I am doing and what I am open. If for any unsure site, I use Linux or Ubuntu to check them out first. 😉

View solution in context

Solution
Jeremie
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi mytech,

Samsung does not recommend third-party antivirus products. However, you can check on play store for the best anti-virus app based on reviews and ratings.

Cheers,
Jeremie

View solution in context

0 Likes
Solution
SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
The antivirus, Mcafee which is built in to the phone could be a problem in itself whether you use it or not. This is why built in apps are placed on phones without the option to remove.

View solution in context

16 Comments
Solution
maxfootball18
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
On a phone? Nope. If i need something scanned it's my computer job to do it. Antivirus on a phone is usually not even scanning properly and full of bloatware.
Solution
sregfjdg
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
the only purpose of a mobile antivirus is to make money off you
Solution
Galaxy Note
In spite of the fact that Samsung has a native "antivirus" app built-in - Which I never activate - (Guess that McAfee pays Samsung enough) - Samsung advises against using antivirus apps

https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/mobile-devices/galaxy-note10-protect-from-viruses-and-malware/

Bottom line - Antivirus on Android is a scam - My 2 cents FWIW.
Solution
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
McAfee pays to be included everywhere. Bell insisted to install it with my Fiber Internet (And I insisted that I don't want it), Dell very generously preinstalled it on my laptop and I very swiftly got rid of it by installing a clean Windows copy, Samsung too, HP at least used to preinstall them (haven't had an HP laptop since Windows 8.1 though so I don't know if they still do...)
Solution
SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
The antivirus, Mcafee which is built in to the phone could be a problem in itself whether you use it or not. This is why built in apps are placed on phones without the option to remove.
Solution
Galaxy Note
@Chmultimedia Yeah on my Samsung Notebook - Before the ssd fried I only had Windows security & with the new ssd and fresh install of Windows - Nothing other than the Windows security - McAfee is deactivated on my S10+ and it will stay that way.
Galaxy Note
lol! Thats to funny! Mytech i checked your followers the last one is me, h a c kers r e vil
they stole my first 9s had to buy another.
Anyways just wanted you to know!
i have a coffee mug saying just for you, i can't find it???
Galaxy Note
I found it! here is your coffee mug! lol! and To all the ones that are so helpful on this app!
That tinfoil hat was hilarious!
Solution
vape
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
Joe blow doesn't need all that crap (the general population)

Now if your one to go on the onion or the pirate bay (torrents) than I suggest that you have layers of protection.

And If your into really bad stuff use your friends pc 😂