Original topic:

Security update

(Topic created on: 10-18-2019 05:54 PM)
virtualH
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note
I keep reading all these articles about important security breaches and loopholes affecting the new Samsung models, including the Note 10. They mention Samsung released patches and urging people to install them. This was since almost a month ago. I check my software updates and... Nothing 

13 Comments
dmflash
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
I would avoid the latest update if I were you, I really **bleep** myself in the **bleep** downloading it! my phone freezes and battery drains like a **bleep** **bleep**.
0 Likes
theonecid
Expert Level 2
Galaxy Note
Nah
0 Likes
theonecid
Expert Level 2
Galaxy Note
Welcome to Samsung. It can always wait 😂
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
As long as you don't use cheap screen protectors, you have nothing to worry about. As explained in a statement published by them today, that's due to cheap silicone cases that have a dot matrix and the fingerprint scanner picking up the dot matrix instead of your fingerprint. So if you bought a decent screen protector (more than the 5$ protector that sparked this whole affair), there should be absolutely nothing to be worried about

And don't hold your breath because it can honestly take up to two months for the fix to reach your device. Depends if they will issue a "fresh" October patch or one made last month in advance, as they'll do for the Note9.
0 Likes
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Note
Unreal that a fingerprint scanner is suppose to be a detailed map of your unique fingerprint but bc something can mess it up it works? Crayo 🤦♂️ somebody should be getting fired!! Omg it either takes the right print or don't, this baffles me beyond belief 🤦♂️🤷♂️
This is a serious issue... And I hope they fire the ding dong that allowed this to be released omg
0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

Voilà une vidéo, regardez celle qui est complète (16 oct 2019 à 4:25 PM) avec enregistrement sans la protection et déverrouillage ensuite. Montage vidéo ?

https://twitter.com/i/status/1184475413252210688

Here is a video, look at the one that is complete (16 Oct 2019 to 4:25 PM) with recording without the protection and unlocking then. Video montage ?

mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Note
Yup I've heard you @Shaggyskunk1 👍 i was scared to get a 10 but the wife needs something and it wasnt gonna be iphone!
Nice video too @Cassidy it's messed up to see someone do it!
Whitestone case on hers and if anything they don't register ugh 🤦♂️
Geez maybe I shouldn't update here and get a cheap Azz case so I can meddle through her shhhh lol 🤣🤪🙃👍
Kidding, I'm already entered and know password but hey if you wanted to get in someone's phone just carry that cheap protecter around 🤷♂️🤦♂️
0 Likes
virtualH
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Yes but then that means any one who steals your phone could have a method to unlock it easily
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
@Shaggyskunk1...
silicone ;) did you like the video ?
0 Likes