Original topic:

Sound, Vibe, Silent etc. Note 9

(Topic created on: 08-21-2019 01:53 PM)
rcy100
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note
Don't understand Samsung's programming with this.  If I select 'Vibe or Silent, I expect the entire phone to vibrate or be silent.  Yet, Media and Bixby remain at whatever volume they are set at.  Doesn't make sense.  

Downloading MMS - my last two phones (HTC U11 and OnePlus 5t) would download MMS even if mobile data was off (using data in background).   Why can't Samsung do this.

Speaking of data, why is there no button in the drop down tray to turn mobile data on or off?  I can add it using adb tools but it's gone with every system update and I have to manually add it back. 

Messaging app needs a 'send delay' like other messaging apps have had for years.

I like this phone, but these little niggling problems are definitely taking away from a fully enjoyable experience. 

0 Likes
1 Comment
Galaxy Note
Yes I've noticed as well that when the phone is set to vibrate or silent Media and Bixby volume remain unchanged.

I can't speak about downloading MMS when mobile data is off as my data is always on since I have 10Gb of data in my plan.

As for the data toggle, it's been explained many times here on Samsung Members, it's the carrier that wants it removed.

The messaging app does have a send delay option called Schedule Message.
0 Likes