Original topic:

Spectre/Meltdown patches comin' up,

(Topic created on: 01-26-2018 02:31 PM)
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Options
Galaxy Note
Hey everyone! As you may already know, the January 1st Patch was issued on the S8. It includes fixes for Spectre and Meltdown flaws I posted a while ago. But for the others, we are still waiting. Well, not for long! According to Rogers, the Note 8, the S7 duo and the Galaxy A5 2017 (which is unaffected nevertheless) are getting the patch quite shortly. First to get is last year's water-resistant midranger A5. Then, the next day, the Note phablet gets it's patch. And finally the S7.

For more info about the flaws and the patched devices, please click on the SMR tag, and click the "About Spectre and Meltdown" post. Have a nice day everyone!88a7a1a8-5ff8-43b1-8ff9-365f279ffd90.jpg
11 Comments
flanagan
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
still nothing for me oo the struggle
0 Likes
shaggyskunk
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
Pathetic that Rogers is lagging behind Bell - SaskTel and Virgin - It's a Security Patch - Not an Android Version update... Angry Penguin 🐧
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
You know that you can just flash the Bell/Virgin or SaskTel FW on any S8. This is one of the only two advantages of a Multi-CSC firmware. So technically its Samsung that did not begin the rollout for Rogers
0 Likes
Echo1
Expert Level 4
Galaxy Note
Bell has not released a security patch for the S7 since Nov patch...
not good if you ask me
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
No one did actually. The software policy here is a mess. You go check on Sammobile. No W models got any December patch (xQLx)

My S7 is still on November 1st BQK4 patch, so yours are.

I dont get it, the security patches are just (Censored) security patches!!! Sure, carriers may want to implement additional "features" but I think the security comes first. Nothing prevents them to issue a "carrier feature complement update" after!
0 Likes
flanagan
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
same As me
0 Likes
shaggyskunk
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
@chmultimedia Yeah I know that I can Flash other Canadian Carrier's Firmware with Odin - But that's not why I'm Paying Rogers around $190.00 per month - I could also Flash the Oreo beta from the US.... 🐧
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
190$ ?!? Please tell me you have other devices/services...

And Im sorry but expecting decent service from a carrier requires a minimum of competition or them considering their customers as people deserving respect.
0 Likes
shaggyskunk
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
Yeah I have more than one Device - But it's still expensive especially compared to Europe!
0 Likes