Original topic:

Sticking with it

(Topic created on: 05-09-2020 02:48 PM)
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Options
Galaxy Note
No upgrade finally for me. I can live without Air Commands. That phone remains amazing, packed with everything I need and nothing missing.

Maybe the N20 series will convince me to upgrade. Or not. The next Notes will also be 5G-only here and there will be two. With the S20 Ultra retailing for 1900$ (and even more if bought via a carrier, yeah they now sell way over the MSRP, which means that even if you have 0% interest on financing, you still pay about 20% more, regardless of your term. You'd be better off with Samsung's truly 0% financing), looks like the next Note series will be obscenely expensive while also being unable to match the Note9's versatility. I'd love to be wrong though.

But if anyone wish to upgrade, the base Note10 is 200$ off on Samsung.ca.
17 Comments
Habsfan
Expert Level 2
Galaxy Note
I kinda wana try the Note series devices, always had a galaxy. I've been thinking and obviously waiting to see what the N20 brings but you're right its going to be overpriced like the S20. I still have a perfect S10+ with another 8 ish months of Samsung care + so I'll probably wait it out for next years lineup
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Note
I would like to have a note series device at least once but the way things are going. I'm not sure that will ever happen, in my mind the Galaxy S devices that I have been using the last several years. have pretty well become unaffordable in my mind. also it's a little bit hard to justify the cost when even the software support for these crazy expensive devices isn't even good.
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Note
really when you think about it it's now we're living in a world where a lot of the devices of people want are about $1,500 and More. then in the Samsung world in about two to three years time from the date of that device launch is pretty well useless. then it just becomes pretty well a very expensive and good looking shelf item which doesn't make sense to me. 🤷🏻♂️
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
TBone is right. I can't really support the purchase of something much more expensive knowing that it won't be supported proportionally to it's price. And if Samsung changed their support policy accordingly, they should make it crystal clear right now (after all, saying you'll give your product better support is sure to increase sales).
Don't worry Habsfan, your S10+ is still good to go for a while.
CynicalJerk84
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
i had the note 8 skipped the 9 went to the note 10 plus. couldn't be happier. I can only imagine how epic the next note will be. tho reading recently posted article's. they will have to do something truly outstanding in the tech industry to have me upgrade. given the current state of the pro cam in the ultra vs the s10 and the copaiablilty. it just does not sit that next level above type deal breaker for me.
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Note
yeah it really looks like Samsung really overlooked a lot of things in the s20 ultra camera department in particular.
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi CHMultimedia, Thanks for sharing your ideas and insights. I appreciate you taking the time to share this with us.

GG2
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Note
I went from the Note 8 to Note 9 and now to Note 10+. I know I'll be very tempted when the N20 comes out but shelling out $2000+ on a phone doesn't make sense. The Note 9 is the longest I've ever kept a phone, it really is a fantastic phone.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
If only that repair didn't ruin it, it'd still be an Amazing++ phone for me. Unfortunately, that issue has demoted it to Amazing+