Original topic:

Sticking with it

(Topic created on: 05-09-2020 01:42 PM)
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Options
Galaxy Note
No upgrade finally for me. I can live without Air Commands. That phone remains amazing, packed with everything I need and nothing missing.

Maybe the N20 series will convince me to upgrade. Or not. The next Notes will also be 5G-only here and there will be two. With the S20 Ultra retailing for 1900$ (and even more if bought via a carrier, yeah they now sell way over the MSRP, which means that even if you have 0% interest on financing, you still pay about 20% more, regardless of your term. You'd be better off with Samsung's truly 0% financing), looks like the next Note series will be obscenely expensive while also being unable to match the Note9's versatility. I'd love to be wrong though.

But if anyone wish to upgrade, the base Note10 is 200$ off on Samsung.ca.
17 Comments
GG2
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Note
Why can't they take responsibility and fix your phone properly.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Because the guy is convinced that's a software issue. Don't really have time to argue with them and they don't either (they're overwhelmed with repairs).
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Note
"looks like the next Note series will be obscenely expensive while also being unable to match the Note9's versatility."

You not wrong IMO 🤙👍🙃
GG2
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Note
True, but they've been obscenely expensive for a while. The Note 9 was around $1700 with taxes when released.
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
What? No, the Note9 was released for 1300$, same as Note8. Carrier prices are higher than normal prices
0 Likes
GG2
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Note
True, i was talking about Roger's pricing and not Samsung direct. Look at what it's still listed on their site.
0 Likes
GG2
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Note
I had bought mine from Roger's directly as at the time, they didn't allow VoLTE if the phone was not bought from them. I have to find my invoice but it was either $1459 or $1495 plus taxes back then.
Galaxy Note
yup that promo of 36 mths to pay with no interest is really tempting.. and bought that promo with the Tab S6. hahaha too bad no 8gb RAM available.
0 Likes