Original topic:

[TIPS] New Samsung Notes for the best writing experience of Galaxy Note20 I Note20 Ultra

(Topic created on: 10-18-2020 08:52 PM)
CommunityManager_MY
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy Note

Experience all-new Samsung Notes that offers the best conditions to create and manage your work. Let’s look at newly added features that will empower your work experience and provide real-time device linkage seamlessly.

Seamlessly shared ideas across devices

When you write down your ideas in the Samsung Notes, they are shared seamlessly across devices. It doesn’t matter whether you use a smartphone, tablet, or PC. You can access your notes that automatically synced, and you can also edit them conveniently.

Samsung Notes Auto-Sync

Your notes are automatically saved and synced across Galaxy Note20 and Note20 Ultra, tablet, and PC through Samsung Cloud. There is no need to press the save button for auto-syncing your smartphone, tablet, and PC. Your notes can be written and managed in auto-syncing across all your devices.

1.png

How to activate Samsung Notes Auto-Sync

The Auto-sync is available through Samsung Cloud which is based on Samsung Account, and Auto-sync could be turned on/off through user’s setting.

Step 1. Navigate to Samsung Notes settings.

Step 2. Tap Syncs with Samsung Cloud, and turn on/off Auto-sync.

Editing and converting files without any obstacles

You can easily import various types of files including PDF format that is newly added to Samsung Notes. The imported files can be edited by adding memos, inserting images, or recording voices. It can export your notes in various formats such as Samsung Notes file, PDF, Word, images, text and PPT. Simplified file editing and converting will boost your productivity.

1. PDF Import

PDF files can be edited effortlessly during a lecture or work. And you don’t need a separate app or program for editing. You can add PDF files to Samsung Notes and add memos using S Pen. Moreover, Page search feature will take you to the page you need with no delay.

2.png

How to import PDF files

Step 1. Launch the Samsung Note app, tap PDF+.

Step 2. Select a PDF file.

3.png

2. Microsoft PPT Conversion

Now you can export notes to PPT files and hand-written notes into PPT slides as well. The formats that can be exported were Samsung Notes file, PDF, Word, Image, Text files, but the PPT conversion has been newly added. When you export Samsung Notes to PPT files, the note is converted to horizon type, the text is converted to text, and handwriting is converted to an image.

4.pngNote: MS Word Export is available from Galaxy Note10

How to export to Microsoft PPT

Step 1. Select a note that you want to export to PPT and tap More options (three vertical dots).

Step 2. Tap Share or Save as file, and then tap Microsoft PowerPoint file.

5.png

The Art of Staying Organized

You can sketch your thoughts and ideas in an organized way. Audio Bookmark can make your memos more organized by providing synced voice record. Note templates that can be used for a variety of occasions not only make your notes practical, but also save more time.

1. Audio Bookmark

You can organize your notes better by syncing the voice recording with the memo. As you play the recorded voice, it highlights what you have written on each section. In addition, when a specific handwriting is selected, the recorded voice section is played. The synced voice recordings and handwriting will make it easier for you to understand your notes.

6.png

How to record voice to notes

Step 1. Launch the Samsung Notes app and tap +.

Step 2. On the note composer screen, tap Attach Icon.

7.png

Step 3. Tap Voice recordings and create a note.

Step 4. Select a note from the list and tap Play Button to play the recording. The content you created while recording will be displayed on the screen along with the recording.

8.png

2. New Templates for different purposes

New templates are available for different occasions. You can select 12 different types of cover pages for a To Do List or for hobbies and so on. It is also possible to add your own templates using images from your gallery.

9.png

A Wider Range of Features to Boost Your Productivity

Samsung Notes has features that will boost your productivity. AI based adjustment feature will straighten your handwriting to make it look better. The integration of text and handwriting mode will allow you to write notes more efficiently. Organizing notes that have been changed to the page structure and folder structures will help you find what you are looking for faster.

1. Straighten your handwriting

AI powered adjustments detect misplaced handwriting and align it neatly. You can horizontally straighten your handwriting and drawings by selecting area or auto alignment. This AI based feature will make your handwriting more organized.

galaxy-note20-straighten-handwriting-example.gif

How to align handwriting

Selective Alignment

Step 1. On the Toolbar, tap Select Mode.

Step 2. Select the area that you want to align and tap Alignment.

galaxy-note20-selective-alignment-step.jpg

Automatic Alignment

Step 1. On the Toolbar, tap Alignment. Your handwritings on the screen will be aligned automatically.

Step 2. Adjust the area that you want to align.

galaxy-note20-automatic-alignment-steps.jpg

2. Keyboard texting and handwriting together

Integration of the Text mode and Handwriting mode is available. You can add handwriting to keyboard written texts and images that makes it possible to highlight specific parts in a lecture note or parts to be emphasized. That will allow you to create more structured memos.

galaxy-note20-texting-handwriting-example.jpg

3. Organize your notes

Organizing notes become simple by separating folders and pages. You can find required information fast and efficiently. Page structure allows you to quickly find something without having to scroll, and the folder structure allows you to manage large amounts of notes in an organized way.

• Page Structure: Previously, for a longer note, you had to continue scrolling in order to move to the desired location from the top. But with page structure support of Galaxy Note20 and Note20 Ultra, it is possible to move to the desired location with one click.

galaxy-note20-page-structure-example.jpg

• Folder Structure: A folder structure that is identical to that of MS Windows is supported.

galaxy-note20-folder-structure-example.jpg

Note: Device screenshot and menu may vary depending on the device model and software version.

7 Comments
MangoTango
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Note
👍🏼
0 Likes
yakubua725
Beginner Level 5
Galaxy Note
am happy am from nigeria bot am buy new samsung galaxy A31 #104000
0 Likes
roddam
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
0 Likes
kyfoon
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
where is the shape function. is missing just like dedicated fingerprint for secure folder. just missing like that. where other country still has it. others use SD865+ we use exynos 990. slow, lousy yet battery eater. some more feature less on many things yet... not acceptable.... **bleep** Samsung.😤😤😤😤🤬🤬🤬🤬
0 Likes
NanNa2104
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
the option of SD and expose is a regional fact and there's that. sd is only allocated to big regions like the US, Korea. other than that all gets exynos.

tbh, there's too much misconception about sd vs exynos. perhaps keeps an open mind a little.

besides, this is a general community, best to also keep the language clean.

0 Likes
kyfoon
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
first of all. I not using the dirty **F** word. I'm here just express my disappointment to Samsung. unless we can't express our feeling/opinion. then no point let ppl comment here.
if this 2 is different model don't claim our Malaysian note 20 ultra is same like other country. don't use same advertisement. already confirmed the two model having noticible gaps. in terms of performance as well as battery drainage. which is very important as a flagship phone. and very big concern to me. if you are happy with the gaps that's is fine but not me. as I'm not happy.
I can't get full day battery with exynos. on hi demand i only get+/- 3hrs. it get very obvious on cpu intense apps/games. not to mention heat problem. I paid Samsung for it flagship phone. but I get its sub flagship performance.
not only we get sub stand hardware we are getting sub standard software. which some feature is missing or take away. remember this is software supposed be same.
last thanks for reading my comments 🙂
jemi05
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
please include shape and ruler function to allow advanced drawing.