Original topic:

Tempered Glass Note 10 Plus

(Topic created on: 08-31-2019 06:07 AM)
Options
Galaxy Note
It finally came, i mess up with the first installation so I immediately take it out and wipe everything with the alcohol swabs provided then do it again and got it for the second time. No problem with the fingerprint sensor at all..

Failed Installation: https://youtu.be/llWyGgMFwd4

Galaxy Note
I see, I'll post here just in case it become worst
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
I've had the Whitestone Dome on my S10+ for months & there's absolutely no difference in the FP scanner now - And when I had the Samsung installed plastic screen protector...
The fact is the Ultrasonic FP scanner is inferior to the FP scanner on the back of my S9+... 🐧
traderjay
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
the problem is the scanner becomes unusable after a while. from my observation the glue does not completely solidify it remains like a thin gel. hence when you train it your presses thins out the gel making it temporarily better. after a while it returns to its original thickness.
Galaxy Note
First of all - How long is "after a while"?
Like I said - The Whitestone has been on my S10+ for months...

Secondly - If you follow the instructions - Especially the part about applying pressure where the FP scanner is - After the first partial cure - And THEN finish the curing process with the UV lamp - You have already dispersed the adhesive & it's not going to "creep" back to this area on the screen... 🐧
traderjay
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
I followed that step of pressing down on the scanner area before final curing and it worked great for maybe 30 min to 1 hour. I pressed really hard too and this is after after two installs with the same problem. if I retrain I have to press really really hard. the adhesive never solidifies because I have removed a few busted whitestone and it remained gel like.
0 Likes
Vic20
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
I received the amFilm protector yesterday, but haven't had a chance to install it yet. But initial impression of the kit (2 glass protectors, bubble level, jig, metal weight, etc), the jig is flimsy plastic. It also leans more towards DIY without the guides and ease of install setup.

The complaints of the jig breaking during install is quite possible as it is a very snug and tight fit to put the Note 10+ in. During my dry run test of the jig, I actually thought it might snap in my fingers as I was carefully putting it in. Other than that everything in the kit looks good. For the cost ($60 CAD + taxes for 2 glass protectors and full kit - lamp included), I think it's fair.

The design of the glass may be different as well. They added 'UV dot dispersal' pattern around the FP sensor and other areas of the glass. The small dots were on the bottom of the Whitestone on the Note 8. Not sure of the Whitestone Note 10+ has the same dots/pattern though.
Galaxy Note
wow.. still not using your note 10 plus??
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
@Vic20 favor please, will you be able to post a picture of the glass here can't search the brand on youtube.
0 Likes
Vic20
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
LOL. yeah, still no time to sit down with it yet. Also waiting for the case to arrive. Should land this week. Then I should be good to go.

Here's the product page:
https://techmatte.com/Note10P-UV
Galaxy Note
thank you. it's a complete kit too..
0 Likes