Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

This was unexpected...

(Topic created on: 04-07-2019 06:05 AM)
Vic20
Active Level 10
Options
Galaxy Note
Darn it. My Note 8 auto updated overnight to pie while I was still in the middle of doing major backups to cloud. Thought I disabled auto update, but that's a moot point now. Can someone direct me to the ODIN release that is compatible and will work so I can perform a clean install in future. I know I can find the official stock ROM via SamMobile.

I'm hoping this dirty install will just hold off and not 'explode' in my face with bugs I can't fix or delve into. Been busy this weekend and don't have a chance to fiddle and do a proper install. But, yeah, these new notification icons are fugly. Also settings are unreadable with my current dark themes. So may need to resort to defaults.
0 Likes
11 Comments
Solution
Galaxy Note
Here is a link to Odin 3.13.1 you need to download it - Unzip it on your computer 🐧

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mPIKMUYZuZsKVKacu8-8PFNwi_DRbhGx/view?usp=drivesdk

Here's a link to Samfirm which is much faster than Sammobile.com
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1--7u4ip9LXy_gWG-iAKvaErvRlUI1B9B/view?usp=drivesdk
Here is a link to Frija which is a successor (of sorts) as Samfirm even though it still works is deprecated & I switched to using Frija personally 🐧
https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s9/how-to/tool-frija-samsung-firmware-downloader-t3910584
0 Likes
Vic20
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
Thanks. Knew I can rely on you. lol 😄
Vic20
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
lol. thanks. Just reading it now. :)
0 Likes
bigpapac
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
this reminds me of the importance of regular backup procedures that I never do.
0 Likes
Vic20
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
lol. I do regular backups. I just do a full blown "make sure I got everything backed up" back up prior to major revision updates as I nuke, install and nuke again for a clean install. I find this causes the least issues and more peace of mind. :)

Even with routine backup, there are things that come later outside the cycle that I need to catch (important work related matters for example). Of course the unexpected auto update threw off my groove. 😛
0 Likes
bigpapac
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
I use the desk top software.
0 Likes
Vic20
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
oh... I didn't know about USB 3.0... thanks for the heads up. 👍

Man, users weren't kidding about the icons. Need to find myself some nice icon packs now. My current themes don't play nice with Pie. :( Using default marshmallow icons in Nova.

Also any way to replace the notification button icons? They are just hideous! lol
0 Likes
Vic20
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
The pull down notification buttons (WiFi, BT, Sound, etc). Not really into the look of them. I'm trying out some tron looking icons. Looks cool. 😅
0 Likes
Vic20
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
I don't know the exact terminology of this. But this is what I'm referring to. Any way to change this? I liked Oreo look better than this. 😕
0 Likes