Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

This was unexpected...

(Topic created on: 04-08-2019 07:54 PM)
Vic20
Active Level 10
Options
Galaxy Note
Darn it. My Note 8 auto updated overnight to pie while I was still in the middle of doing major backups to cloud. Thought I disabled auto update, but that's a moot point now. Can someone direct me to the ODIN release that is compatible and will work so I can perform a clean install in future. I know I can find the official stock ROM via SamMobile.

I'm hoping this dirty install will just hold off and not 'explode' in my face with bugs I can't fix or delve into. Been busy this weekend and don't have a chance to fiddle and do a proper install. But, yeah, these new notification icons are fugly. Also settings are unreadable with my current dark themes. So may need to resort to defaults.
0 Likes
11 Comments
Vic20
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
Ah, ok. I used QuickStar in Oreo and the tiles were cleaner and more 'professional' looking. These now look too cluttered and busy. Oh well, guess I'll have to get used to it.
0 Likes
Wolf1
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
Just a suggestion for anyone else NOT YET updated or leery of the upcoming Pie updates, maybe make use of the Developer Options & turn off the Automatic Update. On the Galaxy A8 under Software is a similar feature without Developer Options...
0 Likes