Original topic:

UNFAIR with Canadians

(Topic created on: 11-18-2019 12:51 AM)
heartRobber47
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note
Since the beta ONE UI 2Has been launched all the major countries Also in US too  Why not for Canadians!! USA Canada has no such a big difference why they haven't released any beta update yet! Come on guys we need to escalate this.we wasted 1700$ not for a simple UI we need variation a bit faster updates
22 Comments
wackdonald
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
I don't get it either. Its the same phone, so why not release for us too.
heartRobber47
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
exactly the Same question...
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
See the response from Samsung's @Steve01 regarding why Canada does not receive the Betas in the link below 🐧

https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/Others/samsung-members-app-canada-amp-usa-plus-samsung/td-p/7417...

BUT depending on your device & knowledge - You COULD just Flash the US One UI Beta v2.0 yourself 🐧
heartRobber47
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
thnx for the information buddy
blitzteh
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
From the looks of it, Samsung doesn't see Canada as a capable market to handle a beta but Apple and Google does. Way to alienate a demographic. I feel left out. Normally with beta, the more users on it the better as it widens the pool of data collected 😞
Galaxy Note
Well considering the track record of Samsung Support Canada & not even being capable / informed enough to advise people on what OS is actually going to be available... "You will definitely be getting One UI Beta v1.0" - Samsung Support Canada Chat January 2019 regarding the One UI Beta for the S9 series - Important to note that the One UI Beta had already ended in early December 2018!!!!
So when Steve said that they couldn't provide the support - I would have to agree... Yes it's unfortunate - But even looking at the currently posted Notice regarding One UI Updates - It's anything but accurate... So there's that 🐧
blitzteh
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
We would honestly be better off if Samsung merge US and Canada Members App. As well as support, I mean Apple already does that with their Apple Care Support.

The supported market is based on bias, nothing else. From this point, I am almost sure, Samsung chose the countries where they have the highest market share or sell the most devices and not really about "mixing it up." What a lame excuse to be honest.
heartRobber47
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
exactly
0 Likes
carr0498
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note

The way I see it, people complain about the simplest thing... imagine access to beta software, geez the complains would roll in....

beta software is normally released when there's many compitent people who can give constructive criticism regarding software and the methods in which they got a particular error.   I don't see that happening in this market, especially with the comments I see here in this community.   It's no wonder they restrict everything in Canada.