Original topic:

UPDATE: Phone is getting too hot

(Topic created on: 03-19-2020 06:45 AM)
EmCanc89
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy Note
So here is  an update to my original post. 

1: I did delete 80 percent of third party apps. 

2: I went to Battery management and turned on "put app to sleep" button for apps not being used 

3: Restart and wipe cache 

so I started Game to today and after just 28 minutes of Game play my phone went up to 64 degrees. I am attaching screenshots aswell.

0 Likes
12 Comments
vape
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
did you just do an update? like in the last 48 hours ? it usually take about 3 days and a few battery cycles for everything to get back to normal.

it's also normal for your phone to get hot when gaming or under a heavy load.
EmCanc89
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
no i didnt no update so far
0 Likes
vape
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
try doing a full drain than a full charge without touching the phone.
0 Likes
mike15
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
does it only happen when you play pubg?
0 Likes
EmCanc89
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
asphalt 9 aswell I just uninstalled that one
0 Likes
mike15
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
did you try factory resetting your phone? my phone gets hot playing call of duty. I think the game is just battery intensive
0 Likes
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Note
Don't do this factory reset unless you back up ALL your stuff first 🤦♂️🤷♂️
with...
Drum roll please...
Smartswitch ✌️👍
Galaxy Note
Just tried Asphalt 9 (never played it before) & completed the first level - Temperature on my S10+ One UI V2.0 was 38°C
Not sure why you deleted / Uninstalled 80% of your 3rd party apps? That shouldn't make any difference to your device's temperature while playing games..
EmCanc89
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
Since everyone is suggesting that third party app could be the reason behind this. But playing game for half an hour makes your device 64 degrees hot and laggy is some serious issue and is not expected from such high end device. Somebody also suggested to reboot in safe mode and see if problem persist but how can I turn on the game while on safe mode 🤔
0 Likes