Original topic:

Uninstall app... different from my Note 10+ and Tab S6... Why???

(Topic created on: 10-15-2020 06:42 AM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy Note
How to uninstall Samsung Internet browser? 

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ and when I upgraded from Android 9 to Android 10, Samsung Internet browser was installed. When I was on version 9, I was able to install or uninstall the app at will. Now I cannot uninstall the app... just hide it. 

I also have Samsung Galaxy Tab S6. I also upgraded from Android 9 to Android 10. On my tablet, I'm still able to install or uninstall Samsung Browser. 

Why I cannot do the same on my phone. To hide is not the same as uninstall. May I have the control over «MY» device ??? 

Thanks. Jeff
0 Likes
8 Comments
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Hi,

first click and hold the icon program
second click on the infos
third, unstall the updates
fourt click on Force Stop the application
you can uninstall it except with adb commands i think, @CHMultimedia could help you for this partScreenshot_20201015-101343_One UI Home_22514.jpgScreenshot_20201015-101437_Settings_22518.jpgScreenshot_20201015-101407_Settings_22516.jpg
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note
Thanks for your answer.... But I will avoid such action on my phone. Samsung Knox will see this as a comprised action and no update will be possible easily after.... and NFC payment might also be broken after.
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi Jeff, We could uninstall the Samsung Internet from the tablet with Andoird 10 and not available on the mobile device.

0 Likes
RobertZ
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
I was surprised to find that the Tab A with Android 10 allowed for some Samsung apps to be uninstalled. This has not been the case with their phones. As to why it cannot be done on the phones is one of those bizarre things Samsung does.
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi RobertZ,

As of now that option is not available and Samsung will post the information about the availability of this option in near future and we suggest you keep the device up to date.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note
I hope Samsung will let us manage our own device the way we want to handle it «very» soon.... Forcing people to use an unwanted app, it's not the way to go. Samsung Internet on my phone can't even be desactivated... I can hide it.... but this is not what I want.
keagan
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi Jeff, Pre-installed apps cannot be uninstalled or disabled. This is because they are essential for Android to run your device properly. However, we take it as your feedback. Your feedback is valuable to us and we greatly appreciate you taking the time to give us your valuable thoughts.

0 Likes
RobertZ
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
This statement is factually false. I disable many applications that normally can't be disabled and Android runs just fine.

There is no need for Samsung to install applications such as it's browser or email program and not let users be able to remove them. It's not technical - it's marketing.

So please stop with the koolaid and marketing mumbo jumbo when replying to technical issues.
0 Likes