Original topic:

Volume Button Issues

(Topic created on: 03-21-2019 09:43 AM)
btrthnvr
Active Level 8
Options
Galaxy Note
Hi, I have Note 8 and the volume button seemed to be stuck. It's still working but doesn't have that "clicked" feel and kind of hard to push unlike the Bixby or power button. I have my phone always in a casing and I tried to clean it with qtip but it didn't helped. Anyone having similar issues or tips for a simple fix since the warranty has expired long ago. 
0 Likes
5 Comments
Galaxy Note
Was your device exposed to any kind of sticky substance - ie: Softdrinks or something sugary?
If it was - And since your device has an ip68 dust & water rating - You COULD always very carefully use a q-tip or wet-wipe and see if you can return the volume button to it's normal action?
btrthnvr
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
Yeah, it is possible I pressed those buttons while I'm munching on a snack. Thanks for the tips!
0 Likes
AppleSucks
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
With force pull the button out and clean the inside and outside of the button. Don't worry it won't do any harm, if carefully removed. Watching jerryrigeverything has benefit!
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Here's a YouTube video on how to fix Sticking Buttons on your device 🐧

https://youtu.be/0-EVndPNaF8
Samsung_6m3pTKi
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

For what it's worth, I've unstuck the volume buttons on both my current phone and the previous one (or two), and more than once,  with 90–99% isopropanol, available at any drugstore. Put it in a spritz bottle, turn the phone sideways so the volume buttons are facing you, spray it several times (yes, several times), and when it's good and wet, run your thumb along the volume buttons back and forth, repeatedly triggering them, for about 10 seconds. Spritz a little more and do that again. It has never failed to work, and, despite the scaremongering you might read online, it is indeed safe (isopropanol is often used to clean electronic components in lieu of more expensive products dedicated to that purpose). I've even done it with 70% isopropanol, but above 90% is better because it's preferable to minimize the water content. Just buy a bottle of the 90% and keep it around for that purpose only (i.e. don't use it as disinfectant ⁠— the 70% actually works better for that).

0 Likes