Original topic:

WIFI 6

(Topic created on: 01-03-2020 06:00 AM)
Fatwa
Active Level 9
Options
Galaxy Note
My old Google Onhubs are starting to fail. 

Wondering if anyone has installed a WIFI6 capable router into their home, and if they notice any real world differences in range/speed?

How is the Note and S10 performance? Also, how is the general performance if you happen to have a high device load?  We have an avg of 30 connected.

Also, does anyone have experience with Samsungs mesh system?

0 Likes
8 Comments
Galaxy Note
you should consult tech pro for this issue. I'm sure he will put in his best effort and research in promoting wellness to the community
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Yes, techpro will make sure to update your Google Note S10 to WIFI 7.1.1 and your AVG 30 to the newest version
Fatwa
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
I guess my bad for playing the Techpro Christmas Ham.... I was hoping it was possible to have two channels in the forum...

one channel representing serious threads, and the other representing humorous Techpro shenanigans

my question on WIFI6 is legit..

I was thinking of just replacing the onhubs with the updated Nest mesh.... the onhubs performed admirably and they are simple...

However, google is using AC2200, and the new WIFI6 AX3000 seems to claim better handling of multiple devices, and notable performance improvements in WIFI6 compatible devices such as the 10 series.

I would need to alter my mostly Google ecosystem to make room for the change. Which is why I'm asking if anyone has real world experience in their home network.

I generally like to keep routers for 4 of 5 years.

Who has the deets? I've read the technical papers, but looking for some user subjective comments if anyone has.
Techpro
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
@Fatwa user, I just did an article about Note 10 Wi-Fi 7.1.1 version update.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Unfortunately I fear that my reply might be harmful to everyone, as my recent contributions have been, so I can't answer you
0 Likes
Fatwa
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
thanks Techpro, but I'm looking for information on WIFI6, see what you can come up with..I'm sure it's going to be awesome
0 Likes
Vic20
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
Have you checked smallnetbuilder.com and their forums? It's geared for networking so maybe have a good chance of finding the info you are looking for there?
0 Likes
Fatwa
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
I havent, thanks, I'll check it out
0 Likes