Original topic:

Wifi issue on Note 10+

(Topic created on: 08-14-2020 05:08 AM)
Zaptor
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy Note
So, I usually get 450/300 Mbps download/upload on my Note 10+ at home wifi.

For the last few weeks, about once or twice a week when I wake up, my phone wifi is very slow, I notice it in all apps.  This only happens in the morning when I pick up the phone from my Samsung wireless charger. 

When I do a speed test, I get 15/300 Mbps download/upload. So the download speed is way down. 

I checked other devices and they are ok. 

The fix is very simple, just turn off/on WiFi on phone and I'm back to full speed. 

I've deleted any new apps I installed recently.  I did a network settings reset on phone. I wiped cache.  I made sure my asus router has latest firmware and did a reset.

I'm not sure what else to try.  I don't know if it's a phone issue or router issue? Could it be the Samsung wireless charger affecting WiFi? 

Thanks. 
0 Likes
8 Comments
keagan
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi Zaptor,

Usually, the wifi speeds are dynamic and change automatically to maintain a stable connection between the device and network.

vape
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
have you done a reset on your router? I really recommend that you reboot that once a month. just unplug it and wait a minute than plug everything back in
Galaxy Note
exactly what Vape said, I do a quick power cycle of my router at least once a month it clears out old IP address and devices that were once connected but no longer connected. Give it a try and test again :)
Zaptor
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
Thanks, I'll do that regularly. I've already upgraded the router firmware and reset it after that, but this last incident happened less than a week after that. I'll play with different Wifi channels or switch to 2.4ghz to see if that makes a difference. Our condo building is congested. It's weird that this only happens overnight, never during the daily use.
0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

Zaptor sayIt's weird that this only happens overnight, never during the daily use.

Are you with Bell ? This is happening on all of my device at about midnight with Bell

0 Likes
Zaptor
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
Cassidy: yes, on bell 1gbps. I'm still trying to narrow it down. During this slowdown, my laptop on Ethernet still gets 950 Mbps, so I don't think it's a bell issue. But sometimes my google home is also glitchy on that day, so I'm suspecting the router and wifi. But simply turning Wifi off/on on the phone fixes the issue without even rebooting the router. So who knows lol.
0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

@Zaptor

i think than Bell are volontary dropping the Wi-Fi signal to check if people are using their device or not OR they are doing Maintenance on their Network but i'm like you, i have to turn Wifi off/on on my device to fixes the issue without even rebooting the router.

Are the making Back-up at midnight, we'll never know but it's not because of your device

I call them often and except  they want to sell me higher speed, they never solve the problem 

0 Likes
Galaxy Note
usually in condo buildings there can be alot of interference with frequency so even try to use a wifi channel app that will tell you the best wifi channel to be on in your specific area.