Original topic:

Wifi issues after recent software update

(Topic created on: 04-20-2020 04:54 PM)
Goodness
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note
Hello,

I just downloaded the latest software this morning and since then my wifi has not been working. I am able to connect to the wifi but cannot open any apps.

I have disconnected and reconnected severely. I have turned off and turned on the phone severally and I have reset network connectivity.

If there is no fix, I will like to restore the previous software.

Thanks.
0 Likes
5 Comments
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
So while it is totally possible to rollback to a previous software version, do try clearing the cache of your phone. But please describe the issue you are having. Are you unable to open apps or do they crash while on WiFi or...? Does the issue persist if you use your mobile data or use another WiFi network?
0 Likes
Goodness
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
I am not able to open apps and the problem seizes when I switch to mobile data.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Ok, how exactly are you unable to open apps? Do they crash? Or is it that when you tap their icon, nothing happens?
0 Likes
Goodness
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
when I tap the app icon, it opens but doesn't sign in. Instead it says cannot access the internet.
0 Likes
Halston
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi @Goodness,

If you're experiencing Wi-Fi or network connectivity issues on your Galaxy device, you can reset all the network settings to their defaults.
If the problem persists, we suggest you to do wipe cache partition on your phone as suggested by@CHMultimedia.

>> Switch off the phone using the power key >> Press and hold Volume up and power key at the same time for 1-2 minutes>> Release the keys once you see the Samsung Logo >> Press the Volume up button to get into the recovery mode >> In recovery mode, use the Volume keys to navigate between options >> Select “Wipe Cache Partition” >> Select “Yes” >> Reboot the device once the wipe cache partition process is complete. I hope it will solve your issue.
(Note: Wiping the cache will NOT delete your apps or your data or your configuration).
Thanks @CHMultimedia for your response.
0 Likes