Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Wifi quality information

(Topic created on: 09-26-2020 08:20 AM)
Zaptor
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy Note
In the latest update on Note 10+ (ui 2.5), it says they added a feature to show quality of Wifi SSIDs in the list of available Wifi around.  But I don't see this info?

I have the "show network quality info" turned on.  

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Galaxy Note
Hi Zaptor, I found a piece of info about this. So, the settings is for Google Router I guess.

View solution in context

9 Comments
keagan
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi Zaptor, Please check when you start searching for a new network, the available networks will be displayed along with their signal strength mentioned below the network name.

0 Likes
Zaptor
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
I expect to see it here, right? Nothing shows up next to each available SSID.
0 Likes
Solution
Galaxy Note
Hi Zaptor, I found a piece of info about this. So, the settings is for Google Router I guess.
Zaptor
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
Ah thank you, I guess that explains it. Hopefully they expand the list of routers. I didn't even know Samsung makes routers.
keagan
Options
Galaxy Note

Thanks for sharing the information @Tallman.

0 Likes
Vic20
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
Only Google... And I guess this is what we would see if it was compatible beside the SSID.
Zaptor
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
Right. I thought this page meant Google is providing the information but that it should work for any router. They need to make it clearer I guess.
0 Likes
bazsukha
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

Hey!

Just something I experienced... I have the network quality info function turned on on my S9+. The other day I was resetting my TP-Link Archer C6 router (it's a new router so it's quite likely to support these functions) and when the factory default SSID came up in the list of available networks, my phone displayed "Very fast" under the SSID. After that I configured my router to the custom SSID and password, that was alredy saved in my phone. Since that, the network quality info no longer appears. Is it maybe possible that this thing only shows quality info for the networks I haven't connected to anytime before?

0 Likes
richard1122
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

This is considered an excellent signal strength. -60 dBm: This is a good signal strength. -67 dBm: This is a reliable signal strength. This is the minimum for any online services that require a reliable connection and Wi-Fi signal strength.

An internet speed of at least 25 Mbps is good for Wi-Fi. That will make sure that multiple people get adequate bandwidth on your Wi-Fi network while multiple devices are being used at the same time. For larger households, a speed of 100 Mbps is even better.

0 Likes