Original topic:

Windows 10 - Error code: 0x88982F52 when applying tags to image taken from Samsung Note 10+ phone

(Topic created on: 06-08-2020 10:37 AM)
corporatei
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note

When taking photo using Samsung Note 10+ then transferring onto the computer, then from the computer trying to apply tags in the properties, I received this error message:

Error code: 0x88982F52:  There is too much metadata to be written to the bitmap.

0x88982F52 Error Message.JPG

Samsung tag error screenshot.JPG

Some images gives this error message when writing tags, and others seems okay.

Samsung Tags writing problem 2.jpg

The problem appears to be more apparent on images that are taken outdoors.   Less of this problem when taken indoors.  Also tagging videos, whether is taken outside or inside, have no problems.   The GPS location is turned on at all times.

All Computers have this same problem.

https://doc.samsungmobile.com/SM-N975W/XAC/doc.html

This problem happened after the update on Jan 15 2020 or Feb 25 2020.

Build Number : N975WVLS2BTA1
Android version : Q(Android 10)
Release Date : 2020-02-25
Security patch level : 2020-02-01
· The security of your device has been improved.

Build Number : N975WVLS2BSLA
Android version : Q(Android 10)
Release Date : 2020-01-15
Security patch level : 2020-01-01
· The security of your device has been improved.

Both PC and phone device have been hard reset already, and still the problem persists.

Had struggled very hard to communicate to Samsung Support, seems like they have no clue what I am talking about and there is no upper level support to reach out to.

Galaxy Note

Hi  corporatei, the problem is the jpg file was taken by live focus mode. If the photo is taking by Photo mode in Note10+, you have no problem adding tag. I am not sure why live focus jpg file cannot edit meta file. Most likely Microsoft issue.

You can download Exif Pilot here for free.

https://www.colorpilot.com/products.html

This software can edit this metadata file. Select problem files and double click it to open properties. Click on Add New Tags tab. Choose EXIF/Image, scroll to XPKeywords, then you can change the XPKeywords, which is same field for tag. You can save the file when done. Hope this help.

xpekeywords.jpg

0 Likes
corporatei
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note

Hi there,

I use regular Photo mode, not the live focus mode, to take everyday photos.  

0 Likes
corporatei
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note

Hi Everyone,

I forgot to mention, the other workaround for this, is to re-save the photo in Photoshop or in Microsoft Paint.  Then, the new file is able to write Tags onto it and will work.  Therefore, the problem is the software in the Samsung phone itself.

0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Glad you find the workaround method. 🙂
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi corporatei, That good to hear that you found a workaround, we will forward it to our team for further review.

0 Likes
corporatei
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
keagan yes if you can forward this post to upper level samsung support that be great. clearly this problem is generated by the note 10plus phone after the major software update 1 to 2 months ago.
corporatei
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note

It is September 2020, and still no news about a resolution to this software problem?

It has never happened before in any Samsung devices, in any time.   

I could not purchase another Samsung device unless this problem is fix in confidence.

0 Likes
corporatei
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note

Hi Keagan, what is the news from Samsung Support?  there was a recent update on the camera app and recent software update with Samsung Note 10+.  The newest update of Camera app is Version 10.0.03.17 .  Samsung did not fix this tag problem.    So why did they not fix this problem?

Samsung Camera App July 4 2020.JPG

0 Likes
-Tony
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi corporatei, All feature requests and suggestions are executed by prioritizing them depending on various factors. So I request you to please give us some time to process your suggestion. We will let you know if we have any information on this as soon as possible.

0 Likes
corporatei
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note

Tony, this is not a feature request or feature suggestion.  I am reporting a software bug or a software problem on your side that needs to be fixed.

0 Likes