Original topic:

Wireless charging... is it safe to use overnight?

(Topic created on: 09-17-2018 01:13 PM)
Vic20
Active Level 10
Options
Galaxy Note
Ok. Maybe this is a silly question. But is it safe to leave the Note 8 on the wireless charger overnight? I usually plug it in to an outlet and charge overnight. But I finally made room for the wireless convertible charger and want to have it charging while standing. Anything I should be aware of or be cautious of?

Completely new to the world of wireless charging.

TIA
0 Likes
7 Comments
RichMan1
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
Yeah, very safe. It's the same thing as wired charger, except power is being transmitted through the coil receiver into the battery. Other than that, there's no difference. So you can basically use it like you use your normal charger.
0 Likes
Vic20
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
Thanks. This will be a lot more simpler; plop and charge without the need to fuss with wire. :)
0 Likes
RichMan1
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
Np. Yeah, but there's still the fuss of connecting the wireless charger with a wire. It's the output which is wireless, input is still wired.
I hope someday we'll be able to have both the input and output wireless, that'd be truly wireless no fuss charging!
0 Likes
Vic20
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
LOL. I meant the fuss of plugging into the Note 8 port. At least with the wireless it's stationary and the wire can be neatly organized, tied and sorted without the fuss or need to position it again.
0 Likes
GG2
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Note
I quite often wireless charge over night with no ill effect whatsoever.
300kc
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
as far as I know once the phone is at 100% it stops charging anyway
0 Likes
Moderator_
Options
Galaxy Note
Hello @Vic20,
As other members have said, it is completely safe to use the wireless charger overnight.
-Jenna
0 Likes