Original topic:

anyone with fido-locked note9 got "wifi calling" enabled?

(Topic created on: 02-12-2019 02:16 PM)
Nicklnq
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy Note
So I am with an an unlocked note9. Talked to fido to get the function enabled from their end but didn't work on my phone. They told me that the function of my phone number had been enabled in their system, and it is just that note 9 is not compatible yet. Just want to know if that is true.
0 Likes
36 Comments
Nicklnq
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
yes
0 Likes
Nicklnq
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
that is strange. someone told me that his unlocked note8 got the function after the talk with fido
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Yup ShaggyskunkS9P is absolutely right. That's what I keep repeating over and over to the poor souls like you who bought a perfectly good device with perfectly good money which is perfectly capable of supporting IMS features like VoLTE and WiFi Calling.

I have myself a Note9 and I have WiFi Calling and VoLTE working. In fact, I'm using Airplane mode at home and I get my calls and text messages over the Internet.

My advice: get complaining! There is absolutely nothing that differs between the Note9 sold unlocked in Canada (W) and the one sold at your carrier (W). Nothing at all. I tried to find any difference, but excluding serial number and IMEI obviously, no difference!
0 Likes
Nicklnq
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
did u buy it from ur carrier?
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
In fact, see. I called the homr phone while in Airplane mode on my Note9. No difference. Deceptive practice indeed7480dff4-b1f7-44a4-8e41-428450f4056c.jpg
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Doesn't matter if it's bought from a carrier. IT'S DA SAME DEVICE. Carbon copy Nobody can tell the difference because theres NONE
0 Likes
theonecid
Expert Level 2
Galaxy Note
I know. There's no difference, so how are the filtering IMS features to just phones sold by them? It sucks if they're literally blocking IMEIs
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
OMG Nick is back!!!!
😄
0 Likes
Nicklnq
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
what???
0 Likes