Original topic:

anyone with fido-locked note9 got "wifi calling" enabled?

(Topic created on: 02-12-2019 01:30 PM)
Nicklnq
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy Note
So I am with an an unlocked note9. Talked to fido to get the function enabled from their end but didn't work on my phone. They told me that the function of my phone number had been enabled in their system, and it is just that note 9 is not compatible yet. Just want to know if that is true.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Theonecid, One word: EZMUNY. (Okay that's supposed to be two words)

Buy a device from Samsung or a retailer. 0$ goes to the carrier (except your BYOD plan).
Buy subsidized from a carrier. They get your upfront money + they jack up the monthly plan price + you can't leave before you finish your contract in case you see a competitor offering better prices.
0 Likes
theonecid
Expert Level 2
Galaxy Note
loool
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
lol.nvm inside joke with the old Samsung Members 😛
0 Likes
Echo1
Expert Level 4
Galaxy Note
Yup nice to see Nick again...
0 Likes
MystTake
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
When you go to software info in settings does it say FMC/FMC/XAC?
0 Likes
Nicklnq
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
I didn't see anything like that.
0 Likes
MystTake
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
It doesn't show up at all in Software Information? its suppose to look like this except it's not KDO but FMCd0a970b4-5955-4bbf-9cb8-35ae7b9e6122.jpg
0 Likes
Nicklnq
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
yes, it shows lines like what you said
0 Likes
MystTake
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
And you called them and requested for them to add the IMEI of your note9 to the account? (You have N960W as the model yes? if it ain't W they won't budge)
0 Likes
Nicklnq
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
I talked to them via the live chat on the website, and they told me that my phone was supposed to be able access this function, even though I provided nothing but my phone number.
0 Likes