Original topic:

anyone with fido-locked note9 got "wifi calling" enabled?

(Topic created on: 02-12-2019 01:30 PM)
Nicklnq
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy Note
So I am with an an unlocked note9. Talked to fido to get the function enabled from their end but didn't work on my phone. They told me that the function of my phone number had been enabled in their system, and it is just that note 9 is not compatible yet. Just want to know if that is true.
0 Likes
Nicklnq
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
and yes, it ends with w, Canadian version.
0 Likes
MystTake
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
And in Status under IMS Registration Status it says Registered or Unregistered? And also are you able to register your emergency address or did you get an error page?
0 Likes
theonecid
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Note
My phone says FMC/FMC/XAC but IMS says Not registered
0 Likes
Nicklnq
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
unregistered and error page
0 Likes
MystTake
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
@theonecid And have you tried contacting fido to add your IMEI number of your note9 to your account?
0 Likes
MystTake
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
@Nick I'm very certain they didnt add the IMEI of your device into their system. I suggest you call instead of live chat and possibly escalate the call to higher level tech individuals if the rep you speak to first cant help you. (I dont know if live chat does escalations)

Also this thread shows that their unlocked Note8 was able to function as normal. I think it all depends on the rep you speak to it seems.

https://forums.fido.ca/t5/Phones-and-Devices/WIFI-Calling-on-Note-8/m-p/128324
0 Likes
MystTake
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
At the same time is there anyone with a Fido-bought Note9 that was able to use WifiCalling at this time cause maybe they dont support it (very unlikely because its listed as compatible)
0 Likes
Nicklnq
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
That is a really productive advice. will try to do that tomorrow. thanks.
0 Likes
Jmak
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
All phones regardless you buy from Samsung or carrier are XAC. All you have to make sure is that phone CSC changed to FMC FMC XAC which you says is what your phone is showing. I bought my S8+ and Note8 from Telus and got Note 9 from Samsung yet all three phone says TLS TLS XAC. Wifi calling works on all 3 as well.
When you activate your WiFi Calling from dialer, did any page popup saying that accept condition of this disclaimer form before they activate your WiFi calling? I am not sure how it works with Fido but on Telus I had to go through that process before wifi calling activated on my phones.
0 Likes
theonecid
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Note
Wrong. Fido doesn't even let you fill up a form if your phone wasn't purchased from them, it says it's not available on the Fido link when you try accessing it.1de84352-b1db-44e6-9905-019b3f26fe1f.jpg
0 Likes