Original topic:

anyone with fido-locked note9 got "wifi calling" enabled?

(Topic created on: 02-12-2019 01:30 PM)
Nicklnq
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy Note
So I am with an an unlocked note9. Talked to fido to get the function enabled from their end but didn't work on my phone. They told me that the function of my phone number had been enabled in their system, and it is just that note 9 is not compatible yet. Just want to know if that is true.
0 Likes
36 Comments
Nicklnq
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
@theonecid, that was what happened to me.
0 Likes
Jmak
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
Something must be messed up on Fido's side because Telus bell and Rogers don't have this issue. They might be blocking non fido IMEIs.
I think calling them is the best option. My phone isn't Telus bought but I have WiFi calling. They did made me to agree a disclaimer because they said something about emergency 911 calling limitation when on WiFi call. 3b93e88d-0470-4f00-927b-433b1dae8cb6.jpg
0 Likes
theonecid
Expert Level 2
Galaxy Note
Calling them is useless. It always comes down to "was your phone purchased from Fido?" No. "It will not work, sorry"
0 Likes
Jmak
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
@theonecid seems like you have gone through every possible solution.
Below is the code for CSC change. I think your phones should be on Fido's CSC but if you want to check you can go ahead and use the code.

****CHANGING CSC WILL FACTORY WIPE YOUR PHONE IF YOU DON'T WANT TO FACTORY RESET DON'T SELECT ANYTHING OR PRESS OK****

*#243203855#

I checked on my note 9 and I don't see fido on csc list.
0 Likes
theonecid
Expert Level 2
Galaxy Note
Thanks but I'm already familiar with this. My phone is already on FMC which is Fido and still not working.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Bell and Telus don't block non-carrier IMEIs for IMS. Rogers does, and by extension Fido. Changing the CSC won't do nothing. I tried with my S9 from the contest

Also theonecid, you said you are already on Fido FMC CSC.
0 Likes
theonecid
Expert Level 2
Galaxy Note
Correct. That sucks that Rogers/Fido can't just remove that and do like Belus and not intervene
0 Likes