Original topic:

chat update

(Topic created on: 12-05-2019 10:34 AM)
Brushie
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note
Hey everyone. Is anyone else have this chat update but when they press start they get registration failed? I've had it for month and starting to get annoyed now. 

11 Comments
Galaxy Note
It's likely because you're with Telus/Freedom & They don't support RCS for Samsung Messages yet 🐧
Jig1953
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
my koodo is set up
Brushie
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Ok thanks. I might have to go to Telus and ask.
mamaT
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
I am with telus, just got the S10 and still same message. They are way behind. So annoying
Galaxy Note
yes I'm with Telus too and when you try to register for chat services it will say registration failed.
Chilly1
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
I am with Freedom and RCS works fine for Samsung Message app FYI. As well as Google app.
FrCraig
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
I am with Telus and RCS works fine with Android messages but not with Samsung messages. I can use Samsung messages to send and receive text messages on my Galaxy Tab S5e when it is linked to my Galaxy 10 Note + phone, but of course I can't do this with Android messages so my preference is to use Samsung messages. This means not being able to use the new RCS chat features on the on the Telus Network. I also find the orange new feature notification icon that stares me in the face each time I open Samsung messages annoying, the new feature being the RCS chat which I can't use on the Telus Network. I've called Telus and spoken to them about this but they really don't seem to care.
Brushie
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Thanks for all the info
dejanh
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
Yeah, other than the fact that I have a good deal on a 50GB plan, Telus is behind the curve. They also don't support eSIM which means that neither my iPhone 11 Pro nor my Pixel 4 XL can operate as dual SIM devices. When asked, they have no clue about when eSIM support is coming. Bell has had it for ages.