Original topic:

enjoying my whitestone dome glass Note 8

(Topic created on: 04-11-2018 07:20 PM)
Options
Galaxy Note
This is not to advertise or anything and whitestone didn't pay me or give me anything. Just informing everyone who are in to tempered glass screen protectors and still looking for a good one. this domeglass is worth every penny. i didn't read the manual but watched installation videos on youtube and gave it a try and viola!! got it right for the first time.

i spend 3 tempered glass worth $15 each but it didn't last because of dusts and sensitivity issues.. now on my whitestone dome glass for $60 cad on Amazon it feels like your device don't have any glass on it but with peace of mind that my device is protected with tempered glass..

this is a good product!!!
0 Likes
4 Comments
Moderator_
Options
Galaxy Note
Hey @gokongming, thanks for sharing with us!

- Wonchul
Vic20
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
Yeah. I still have the Whitestone on mine. It's got faint scratches on it, but still holding well. And it did protect my brother's screen when he dropped the Note 8 a few times with the Samsung rugged case. It was cracked and chipped pretty good. 😛

I decided to go the cheaper DIY route using InvisShield. Installation is a little more involved as it doesn't use a jig and everything is done by eyeballing. It's a little smaller than the Whitestone but still covers the entire viewing area. So far it beats the Whitestone with case compatibilty. My brother is able to use the Otterbox Commuter with Invisshield (couldn't with the Whitestone as it lifted the glass). Now just have to see how well it holds up. lol
truckerjer
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Note
I have an invisishield on my s8+ i wasnt sure at first but I'm a truck driver and it's with stood quite a few nasty drops. it does have the odd sensitivity issue tho. like I'll be typing and all of the sudden each letter i type will put 3 or 4 letters in a row
Vic20
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
@truckerjer InvisShield does not have touch sensitivity issues. Works the same as the naked glass. And this protector is only available from Singapore IIRC.

I'm going to be removing and reapplying the InvisShied on my brother's Note 8 on the weekend. The bottom of the glass is lifting off the screen with the Otterbox Commuter. I need to align the screen a little higher for it to fit more properly from what I can see. It's sitting too low now that the bottom of the case is lifting the bottom glass.

I also shifted the glass a bit during the installation while wiping off the excess and it's beginning to show. Well that was a nice learning experience of what not to do after seeing the results after a day. lol