Original topic:

face recognition and fingerprint issue in note10plus

(Topic created on: 01-03-2020 09:52 AM)
1numbermanas
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note
To All,

Does anybody facing issue with face recognition and fingerprints scanning?

My phone gets unlocked by scanning my friend's face where I haven't registered his face. This is so strange and I had to stop using it.

Another issue with fingerprint scanning, I have registered my 3 fingers but only works with one. Other two showing error "No match" everytime.

Samsung really needs to improve their biometrics scanning and face recognition. I wasn't having any issues in my iphone. 
0 Likes
3 Comments
Galaxy Note
Yeah the Ultrasonic FP scanner is not anywhere as good as the FP scanner on the back of my S9+ But With Android 10 it's much improved - So you can look forward to that - Also it's important to use a good quality Screen Protector (Whitestone Dome Tempered Glass is way better than the cheap plastic Samsung one) - You should also remove all the Finger Prints Registered & Add them back to your device again - Even before One UI V2.0 - Doing that resulted in a big improvement 🐧
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Face scanning IS NOT SAFE. Do not ever use it. It only takes a picture of you. Needless to say, this is very unsafe

Only Iris Recognition or ToF face scanning (like FaceID) are safe face biometric options.
Galaxy Note
And yet Samsung has decided to remove Iris Scanning...... 🐧
0 Likes