Original topic:

hating note 9 Feb 15/19 theme,skin, functionality updates...

(Topic created on: 02-15-2019 11:00 AM)
yayupdates
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note
So I wake up to my note 9 with new icons, and you functionality ... like the finder listing the history, different way of closing out of apps... I hate all of it. How can I go back to the look and feel, ect before the update? It's driving me crazy
10 Comments
Galaxy Note
If you REALLY don't like One UI (don't understand why) @CHMultimedia posted some instructions on how to go back to Oreo - Which I think is a mistake just because of Security Patch updates alone - But whatever

https://community.samsungmembers.com/en_CA?projectId=0&meta=#/post?postId=516884
0 Likes
yayupdates
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
I just wanted the look etc back...not the old os
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Try using a different Launcher - ie: Nova Launcher + Some Icons that you like - But you can't really turn stock Samsung One UI into Oreo... There might be a Launcher & icon package that can come close?
0 Likes
Dreams1
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
also hated it at 1st .Give it couple days . You might hate it a little less .
0 Likes
yayupdates
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
unfortunately I know what I like and what I don't, I just want the look and feel of the old OS and keep the new OS. It's not a big ask from Samsung
Dreams1
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
I am with you . Samsung should have it's own launcher were you can pick from couple different themes. shocking they dont offer something like that . should have like 3 options to choose from . I don't think it's a big ask . You will get used to these tho 😛
cmdacos
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
It's a huge ask to expect a company to maintain several UI versions of its OS.
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
My S9+ looks almost exactly the same as it did on Oreo - Nova Launcher + BlackKrom Icons + Swift Installer Themes - But One UI is a much better os than Oreo ever was 🐧
0 Likes
Dreams1
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
that's gonna hog alot of resources?
0 Likes