Original topic:

help with software update!

(Topic created on: 03-08-2018 03:19 AM)
daveeeee
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note
I have a sm n950u1 and am in canada on freedom mobile. phone is flawless however when I try to check for software update, I get a "processing failed" error. any ideas? do I need to flash the sm n950w firmware for Canada?
0 Likes
9 Comments
IBGS20U
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
Yeah, as you have said, you need to flash the Canadian firmware for your phone to be able to recieve software updates from your Canadian carrier.

Another issue could be that your phone was rooted. Therefore you'd need to get it flashed with new firmware to unroot it. Then you'll be getting software updates.

An alternative solution would be to use the smart switch app on a computer to check for updates.
daveeeee
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
thanks for the reply, the device has not been rooted and knox is in place. I will flash the firmware today!
0 Likes
IBGS20U
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
You're welcome ☺️
0 Likes
Brando
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
won't flashing trip Knox making you not able to use Samsung pay and Samsung Health?
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
@Brando, flashing an official ROM, won't trip Knox, I flashed my S8+ a few months back when I was having an issue, I didn't trip Knox, I believe Knox gets tripped if you flash a replacement recovery, like TWRP
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Knox gets tripped the second you flash something it does not recognize as official firmware. Like, Samsung's firmware you can download on Sammobile.com are all signed and Knox will be happy. But anything modifiedwill have an unvalid signature and Knox will trip.
0 Likes
JohnH
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
Try smart switch first. I had the same issue on my S7, but smart switch saved the day.
0 Likes
daveeeee
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
what do I do with smart switch
0 Likes
Moderator_
Options
Galaxy Note
Hey @IBGS7e for your answers!

- Wonchul
0 Likes