Original topic:

homescreen landscape

(Topic created on: 08-03-2018 08:39 AM)
oooOmitoOooo
Active Level 10
Options
Galaxy Note
according to 'this:

https://www.androidauthority.com/samsung-galaxy-s8-note-8-home-screen-landscape-mode-883930/

https://www.xda-developers.com/samsung-experience-launcher-home-screen-rotation/

but only my s8+ has it.

no traces of it on my note 8.

both from freedom.
both fully patched..

any ideas?
0 Likes
14 Comments
RichMan1
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
My S8+ also have it. Not sure about Note 8.
But try few steps. Download a 3rd party launcher and switch to it, uninstall Samsung Experience Launcher. Then Reinstall fresh and uninstall the 3rd party launcher. See if you get it, that'll completely reset the launcher default dpi so if they intended Landscape for Note 8 you'll get it.
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
My Note8 has it and I am using it now. I am with Rogers.
0 Likes
Vic20
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
My Note 8 has it. Though I disabled it and locked my rotations to portrait only. My homescreen layout is best suited for portrait and looks horrible in landscape. I also use Nova Launcher over the stock one. lol

edit: it's not found in regular settings. Pinch the homescreen and you should see home screen settings. Select that and there should be an option for Portrait mode only. Make sure that's disabled and you have auto rotate enabled to get it working IIRC.
0 Likes
oooOmitoOooo
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
i wish it were that easy.

it's something blocking this new feature on my note 8.

Any other freedom user out there?
0 Likes
Vic20
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
I'm with Telus and it's functional in mine. Do you have the latest version of Samsung Experience Home installed on the Note 8?6855506f-2473-47cc-be26-a10b66445653.jpg
0 Likes
Moderator_
Options
Galaxy Note
Hey @mito, could you please submit a device error log to help us troubleshoot? From the Samsung Members application, tap the “Feedback” icon. Tap the Pen icon and then submit an “Error report”. Thanks!

- Wonchul
0 Likes
oooOmitoOooo
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
done. I hope they'll spare me the instructionS for wiping the cache...

:)
0 Likes
oooOmitoOooo
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
Still haven't heard from support...
0 Likes
oooOmitoOooo
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
support replied that samsung is releasing this feature in "waves", etc. I don't believe it's the case, so I'll continue my quest.
0 Likes