Original topic:

how to have two Google Chrome's open at once?

(Topic created on: 02-03-2020 10:55 PM)
yayupdates
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note
I like to listen to YouTube audio in Google Chrome and I also want to browse in Chrome at the same time? If I'm listening to something on YouTube and I get a call, I open another Chrome and I start browsing. When the call ends the audio and you to play it while I'm browsing in a second Chrome. They're not side-by-side, one is overlapped over the other. I just noticed over the last week that when I'm playing a YouTube video I can sometimes open another Chrome tab and start browsing in it while the audio still plays in YouTube. But this is hit-and-miss. Is there a way to make it work every time?
0 Likes
11 Comments
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Open Recents, select the Multiwindow option. When presented with your recent apps, tap/swipe to go back (if you have gestures or nav buttons) and go select Chrome again in your launcher. Some tablets come with a Multiwindow panel which makes this faster.

Here I can open two S Internet sessions at once, but it should also work on Chrome (one of the few apps to support such dual instances)
BDTech
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Note
Sadly it doesn't work with Chrome, but it works with S internet like you said.
Fatwa
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
alternatively, you can try the youtube music app for your iTunes and then browse with your browser
yayupdates
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
I don't know what s internet even is lol. where is recents? so this will allow chrome to play youtube in a chrome in the background and browse on another chrome fullscreen?
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
I don't think you can open 2 chrome browsers in split screen. But they are using alternative way to archieve the goal, which is open 1 youtube app and 1 chrome app in split view mode.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
S Internet is Samsung Internet. It's shortened because of the sheer amount of Samsung Something apps available
0 Likes
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Note
Yup I youtube Music and google all the time together
Actually I almost always have more than 1 window /app going 🤪
0 Likes
yayupdates
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
so I don't want to use YouTube music. And I like using Chrome and not Samsung internet. I'm not trying to do side-by-side chromes. I want to be able to have 2 pages Overlapping each other. You know how you open one page and then you can have another Chrome on top. sometimes if I open for 5 pages And I keep coming back to hit play in YouTube And I open another Chrome page. The audio from YouTube will still play while I'm browsing or doing whatever. If I want a phone call And YouTube pauses in Google, and I start browsing in a Page that. I opened during the phone call, the second the Other person hangs up the audio starts playing while I have a full screen Chrome open
0 Likes
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Note
Yoooooooo
Your making this wayyyy to complex🤦♂️
Do you not see my screenshots I posted? Its doing what you want and what everyone told you 🤦♂️🤷♂️ maybe not in the same way, but a way that works...
Give it a go 🤷♂️
Come back and mark someone as a solution 🤙👍
Kinda what I'm doing now
0 Likes