Highlighted
yayupdates
Active Level 1
I like to listen to YouTube audio in Google Chrome and I also want to browse in Chrome at the same time? If I'm listening to something on YouTube and I get a call, I open another Chrome and I start browsing. When the call ends the audio and you to play it while I'm browsing in a second Chrome. They're not side-by-side, one is overlapped over the other. I just noticed over the last week that when I'm playing a YouTube video I can sometimes open another Chrome tab and start browsing in it while the audio still plays in YouTube. But this is hit-and-miss. Is there a way to make it work every time?
11 Comments
Highlighted
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Open Recents, select the Multiwindow option. When presented with your recent apps, tap/swipe to go back (if you have gestures or nav buttons) and go select Chrome again in your launcher. Some tablets come with a Multiwindow panel which makes this faster.

Here I can open two S Internet sessions at once, but it should also work on Chrome (one of the few apps to support such dual instances)
Highlighted
Yoshisaur9
Active Level 10
Sadly it doesn't work with Chrome, but it works with S internet like you said.
Highlighted
Fatwa
Active Level 8
alternatively, you can try the youtube music app for your iTunes and then browse with your browser
Highlighted
yayupdates
Active Level 1
I don't know what s internet even is lol. where is recents? so this will allow chrome to play youtube in a chrome in the background and browse on another chrome fullscreen?
Highlighted
Tallman
Expert Level 1
I don't think you can open 2 chrome browsers in split screen. But they are using alternative way to archieve the goal, which is open 1 youtube app and 1 chrome app in split view mode.
Highlighted
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
S Internet is Samsung Internet. It's shortened because of the sheer amount of Samsung Something apps available
Highlighted
mytech
Active Level 10
Yup I youtube Music and google all the time together
Actually I almost always have more than 1 window /app going 🤪
Highlighted
yayupdates
Active Level 1
so I don't want to use YouTube music. And I like using Chrome and not Samsung internet. I'm not trying to do side-by-side chromes. I want to be able to have 2 pages Overlapping each other. You know how you open one page and then you can have another Chrome on top. sometimes if I open for 5 pages And I keep coming back to hit play in YouTube And I open another Chrome page. The audio from YouTube will still play while I'm browsing or doing whatever. If I want a phone call And YouTube pauses in Google, and I start browsing in a Page that. I opened during the phone call, the second the Other person hangs up the audio starts playing while I have a full screen Chrome open
Highlighted
mytech
Active Level 10
Yoooooooo
Your making this wayyyy to complex🤦♂️
Do you not see my screenshots I posted? Its doing what you want and what everyone told you 🤦♂️🤷♂️ maybe not in the same way, but a way that works...
Give it a go 🤷♂️
Come back and mark someone as a solution 🤙👍
Kinda what I'm doing now