Original topic:

is anyone waiting a couple months to return the note 7?

(Topic created on: 10-16-2016 12:44 PM)
ZombieLady
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note
I just read here that the S8 should be launched in Feb. so is anyone going to wait to return the note 7? cause it's not fair that we have to do a 2 year contract on a old phone if the 8 comes out soon...

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/182378/20161015/samsung-galaxy-s8-firmware-enters-development-just-in-time-for-february-launch-date.htm

15 Comments
goulegit
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Yes, I would definetly sign that petition
0 Likes
ZombieLady
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
I'll try and figure it out by tonight. what should we say in it ?
0 Likes
Jonathan34
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Note
Basically what we want which is the ability to grab a new phone this year and be able to still upgrade next year to s8 or note 8 and just have to pay the difference and not have to pay an upgrade fee. John204 has a good post mentioning loyalty which would be good as well to mention
0 Likes
bran
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
it's poor customer relations on Samsung's part to ask us to exchange the note 7 to an older phone for $100 less! if we wanted the older phone to begin with it wouldn't have been a mere $100 less. I'm disgusted with samsung! after being a loyal customer with 3 samsung phones over the years under contracts each one, the motherboards fried on each. My note 4 motherboards didn't even make it to the full 2 years. The cost to repair would have been $450. I then paid off my remain contract with Rogers ripoff and went to wind. I was so happy with both wind mobile service and my new SAMSUNG note 7 but the latter has me fuming! Yes samsung makes great phones but they should last for at least 2 yrs and beyond for what they re charging! There're aren't any compatible phones at wind which means I have to do a buyout elsewhere and make sure it's compatible with wind. I'm considering defecting to Google pixles or the LGV20. Once I do it'll be never Samsung again. Btw my note 7 takes HOURS to recharge even on airplane mode or rebooting to charge. No there are no apps consuming vasts amounts and the bloatware was the 1st thing I disabled. i have to walk around with a charger cause it doesn't even last a day!
Jonathan34
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Note
Samsung India knows how to treat their customers... https://www.google.ca/amp/s/yourstory.com/2016/10/samsung-galaxy-note7-explode-facebook-live-dose/amp/?client=ms-android-rogers-ca
ZombieLady
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
I wish we could get the s7 or the edge as a loner phone. a lot of people would be happier instead of having to get a new contract for a old phone that's been on the market for awhile now. sadly lots of us might have to get a old phone if we do travel on planes. since now you cant board a plane with the note 7 even shut off.
0 Likes