Original topic:

lifespan of your phones.

(Topic created on: 11-15-2019 04:18 AM)
AzmieZ
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy Note
Hi. Just want to ask all of you some silly question.

Usually how long will you use your phone without changing it to new model? 2 or 3 years?

Is changing to the new model every 1 or 2 years is necessary?

8 Comments
Edster89
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
Depends on so many factors. What's urs? What are u doubts?

For me 2 years is a good time to change if needed but see how good the next phone I want can offer. If u feel that small feature doesn't impact u and ur phone still works and can keep up with ur daily need then extend to 3. But now days I realize so many apps and updates happening. Phone ages a lot just for a span for 2 years though.

Good example see note 9 and note 10. Technically note 9 still okey. But if ur using note 8 going to 10 I would understand.
AzmieZ
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
its nothing..Just want to know other people views and preferences about this..😆
you are giving a very good point and just like you I also usually will use the same model for 2 years or 3 years maximum before started to think about replacing it but maybe I will use my Note 10 a lot longer than 3 years😂
Agreed with you on that ,about phones ages fast and alot nowadays. 😂

yup.Note 9 is still a beast and still going strong right now.
anyways thanks for the answers,boss🤟
scinex
Expert Level 4
Galaxy Note
Still having my Galaxy edge+ bought in 2015, and it works flawlessly, but now becomes my 2nd phone. Been using note 10 as primary phone for the past 2 months. A very good phone indeed.
AzmieZ
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
wow edge+..isnt that the very first curved model of Samsung? it is a great phone. 🤔 yaa thats right..most of the former flagship phones still can handle today apps and task with a little to no difficulty in my opinion. 😁 thanks for the answer,boss😆
0 Likes
Ajaque
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
Normally i will used till the end or when i felt that phone hv issues with charging and other related battery issues(around 3 yrs). That is why i always choose the latest flagship phone. My previous phone were s4 and s7 and still work with some issues and used by my kids to watch youtube and play some games.
AzmieZ
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
same here. if it possible I also wil use the same model for 3 years max because phones will start to show it problem after it reached 3 years old right?😌agreed on the flagship . it is more better to chose the highest spec model so we dont need to worry about the phone become lagging or any problem less for than 2 years😂 wow you still keep the s4? thats an old school 🤣
0 Likes
SafariE
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
true usually 2 years but had a case where it's only lasted 3 month due to uncomfortable holding on my palm.
love a small and compact device that really easy to hold on but got a good flagship features.
AzmieZ
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
right.most of the phone right now is quite big and hard to handle.😌.yes I think youre right on that..compact but powerful is more better