Options
Galaxy Note
hope we could witness mobile data option in the notification drawer@android 10
In canada
8 Comments
Indra
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
I was saying about the toggle it is frustrating when we are outside in this climate and we have to take a long way every time for enabling mobile data
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Well you CAN enable it yourself with adb - You need Platform-Tools installed on your computer - USB Debugging Enabled on your phone.

Open Windows Power Shell on your computer with your phone connected & type:

\adb shell [enter]

settings put secure sysui_qs_tiles "$(settings get secure sysui_qs_tiles),MobileData,HotSpot"

Done 🐧

Link to Platform-Tools

Download it to your computer & extract it 🐧

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BSyftTZ1HMQYqVxDDy_I1ETqI_Il6SkX/view?usp=drivesdk

You also need the Samsung Mobile USB Drivers installed on your computer - Here's the link below

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1G9OljPjJ8K1VTiZ3RQHAOPXz-5q06_2Q/view?usp=drivesdk
Indra
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
thanks for the help @Shaggyskunk1
FrCraig
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
thank you so much. I added a mobile data toggle using your adb command. Odd it isn't present by default on the Canadian variant.
Galaxy Note
Well if you read my first reply on this Thread - You'll see that initially Samsung was blaming the Canadian Carriers & Then Suddenly - a Samsung Moderator did a 180 and said that it was Samsung who removed the Mobile Data Toggle - Sounds like the Canadian Carriers didn't like being blamed & Samsung dutifully fell on it's sword & took responsibility - I still think that it's the Canadian Carriers who have removed the Mobile Data Toggle.... 🐧
FrCraig
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
You seem to be 'in the know' so perhaps you could answer this question: what is the difference between the US unlocked version N975U1 and the Canadian N975W? I have the Canadian version, but the US version is on November security patches and updates and can enroll in the Android 10 beta, but our version is still on October and Samsung says no Android 10 beta for Canada. If I use Odin to flash the US unlocked firmware, do I lose anything? ie Samsung Pay, Wi-Fi, Volte. etc.? I'm in Nova Scotia on Telus
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
I would Flash the "U" variant & you need to use Patched Odin to Flash the US Beta - Your device will likely become "uncertified" on the US Beta & You'll have to Flash the Canadian CSC & CP - You likely lose Samsung Pay until you Odin back to the Canadian Firmware - WiFi won't be affected & VoLTE SHOULD work after Flashing the CSC & CP - You'll also want to Flash the Full US Beta & Be careful that you don't just Flash an update - Which isn't the Full Firmware...

I HAVE heard rumours that we MIGHT see One UI V2.0 in Canada before the end of the year... But they are rumours 🐧
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note
just download themapp tiles lets you add things in the bar like mobile data toggle
0 Likes