Original topic:

monthly security updates

(Topic created on: 06-09-2019 09:13 PM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy Note
Come on Samsung note 9 should get these every month like the pixel at this rate you are going to lose customers
10 Comments
flamebird786
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
Samsung is actually gaining customers also are you talking about the june security patch ?
Galaxy Note
Note9 is scheduled to receive the Security Patch OTA on the 17th - S9 series is however still on the April Security Patch... So not really sure what you are complaining about 🐧
https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/OS-Upgrades/OS-Upgrade-Schedule/td-p/354931
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note
should be up to date month by month Samsung is a huge company who is partnered with Google via project treble so therefore it should be updated monthly like Huawei and some of the other manufacturers
0 Likes
EnZ143PoGi
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
Samsung actually publishes monthly security updates - if your phone has been recently announced/been on sale the past 2 years. Its the carrier and/or regional roll outs that slows it down.
0 Likes
EnZ143PoGi
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
Quarterly security updates if its more than 2 years, I believe. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. 😂
0 Likes
Samesung
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
Meanwhile, Samsung is one of the fastest to get the updates out...
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Note
the S9 plus is still on April patch..... bummer 😕 starting to look like July for next update. I really hope I'm wrong.
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Well - Looks like there's some movement for the S9 series - S9+ International Exynos variant is starting to receive the June Security Patch OTA - Shouldn't be long now & Hopefully Samsung will include some fixes (or at least not introduce any new errors) Canadian FOTA is currently on CSEA for the S9+

https://www.sammobile.com/2019/06/11/new-galaxy-s9-plus-update-june-2019-security-patch/
Samesung
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
The Pixel has vastly fewer features and benefits than a Note 9. Then Samsung has to test all said features and benefite before it gets carrier tested...where it takes forever.
0 Likes