Original topic:

new camera update

(Topic created on: 04-14-2019 04:37 AM)
shells
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note
Hi, I need help with my galaxy note 8 camera issues, since the new software up and also the camera update my camera is just not working properly. I was told by a rep to go into settings -apps- camera- storage and clear the data ( it didnt help one bit). Please anyone save me, I need my camera to work.. thanks
0 Likes
8 Comments
Galaxy Note
Need more information other "not working properly" 🐧
0 Likes
shells
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
1- trying to open the camera app, it doesn't respond
2- touching the shutter button, nothing happens( no picture taken)
3- took a picture and I see the preview at bottom left of shutter and when i touch to view, it either becomes unresponsive or theres no picture when I get in..
that all started to happen after the new update, which is driving me crazy right now.
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Yeah that's not related to the One UI update for sure! I would have also suggested that you Wipe Cache & Data for the Camera app - If that's not working - You can try Booting into Recovery and Wipe Cache - If you still have problems with the Camera - I'd Backup your device with Smart Switch - Move everything that you need or want to the external sd card or computer - And.... Perform a Factory Reset...

It's REALLY is not because of the One UI update - I didn't have any issues with my S8+ or S9+ BUT I did a Factory Reset on both devices BEFORE & AFTER applying the One UI update 🐧

IF you are still having issues after this - I'd visit a Samsung Service Center...
shells
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
ok, thanks. I was really trying to avoid doing a factory reset but I'll do as you suggested and if the problem persists, I'll visit a service center. Thanks again for responding to my query.
0 Likes
Vic20
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
As @Shaggyskunk1 it's not the update. I have Pie on my Note 8 and it functions as it should. Granted some things got moved/shifted, but no real issues. I also did a factory reset before and after the update.

To reiterate:

1) do a cache partition wipe in Recovery, if issue is still persistent,
2) back up all important data and do a factory reset (warning: this will wipe everything in the phone),
if issue is still persistent,
3) contact/visit a service centre as that is not normal and something is definitely wrong with the phone.
0 Likes
shells
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
thank u
0 Likes
jay644
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
mines doing the same thing
0 Likes
jay644