Original topic:

new update

(Topic created on: 04-03-2019 12:20 PM)
praxis
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note
Seriously what the f ,  the new update just ruined the phone , changing everything.  Now all the sasung themes changed and alot dont work anymore.   Turn it back to normal ,  
If that continues ill just change companie 
16 Comments
Adeyfk
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

I'm more 'tech savvy' than most, and appreciate a well thought out,  UI.  Still, Samsumg, along with a lot of other companies, seem to make changes without giving the user the option of keeping the look and feel that they are comfortable with.   Changing the UI for the sake of change doesn't work for everyone,  and I'm one of them.  Give me the option to revert the style back.

Galaxy Note
The ONLY thing that I STRENUOUSLY object to is that Samsung has decided to BLOCK Substratum Overlays on the S8 series & Note8 on One UI! THAT is despicable! Everything else can be adjusted to - But taking the decision to prevent the owners of their devices from customizing to their liking is just idiotic! - Do whatever you want with the stock Launcher - But don't mess with the ability to make your device your own! 😡
The fact that Samsung Blocked Substratum on the S10 series is one of the main reasons why I'm not likely to get one...
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

I think most people will reckon I'm very tech-savvy. And OneUI is sometimes a pain. I really liked Oreo. Pie has some improvements but also has some regressions. And some straight up idiotic choices like removing the Record button in Camera, for a redundant Rear/Front camera button. Stop imitating Google so much.

0 Likes
fuggyr
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
I can't help but roll my eyes at this post So petty. Change company then. 🙄😴
0 Likes
StGeorge688
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
I have resurrected my S3 (android 4.?) that I have a reliable phone. Since OREOZzz, my J3 Prime has restarted constantly. I have Factory Reset both phones and loaded both with two games, the S3 with a few other apps that I have become accustomed to in later phones. I rarely have the S3 restart on me. The J3, all the time. I have been complaining about this for some months but I live outside of town and do not drive. People complain about icons and the way things look. How about a phone that I can trust to be a phone. When I purchased my S3 and heard that it does this and that, I asked "does it ring and can I answer it". I guess I should have asked of the J3 "does it ring and can I answer it before it crashes". No word on any fixes for the J3 Prime. Naught Oreo Pie (One) , all in less than 6 months. I am just glad that I did not let the sales person talk me into a more expensive paperweight. Time to stop looking for a solution from Samsung.
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
how do I go back to the old system before this new update or can anyone tell me how to change the back ground colour so I can see my contacts...heres a pic of the contacts page n my settings page...I'm not tech savvy so any helps appreciated....
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

Remove your theme and the issue wull be fixed

0 Likes