Original topic:

note 10 plus led cut out

(Topic created on: 09-02-2019 05:03 AM)
john0uhbb
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note
So when I unlock my phone through face unlock the led cutout glows while detecting my face. 

Are there any other instances in which the led glows? 
Thanks
0 Likes
3 Comments
cnewell74
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
Hi john0uhbb. There's no LED on our Note 10+. That cutout is for the front camera. (I get that you might be aware of this and just called it the wrong thing. Just in case, I thought it would be best to clarify.) I get an animation around it when it's looking for and detecting my face.
If you're looking for information on making that space glow as a notification, look into Edge Lighting in settings. It won't glow there. Instead, it'll put a light animation around the edge of your whole screen. There are also some third party apps that will create a simulated LED on your Always On Display. I can't recommend one in particular, but if you look through the community, it's been mentioned a number of times.
If instead, you're just asking if that camera cutout is supposed to glow at other times, I've only seen the animation when trying to unlock my phone. I've never seen it at any other time.
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Yeah it's a unimaginable error by Samsung to ditch the Notification LED without building in a suitable alternative - Samsung said last March they were going to do something & they STILL haven't... For the S10 series you can use Holey Light - But Holey Light doesn't support the Note10 devices yet....
Samsung... WHAT were you thinking?? 🙄
john0uhbb
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
yeah I was taking about the animation around the cutout
thanks for the information
0 Likes