Original topic:

note 9 software update

(Topic created on: 04-18-2019 06:03 AM)
happytraveller
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note
Does anyone knows what the hell is wrong with note 9 mine for the past 4 hours is trying to install the latest software update and keep restarting?!
0 Likes
2 Comments
Galaxy Note
Did you try just Powering Off the phone & restarting?
It's POSSIBLE that the Update file is corrupted - If that's the case then there's a few things that you can try... NOTE that if this fails completely - You MAY need to visit a Samsung Service Center (depending on how comfortable you are with downloading the Samsung Firmware to your computer and using Odin - Then you can likely solve any issues yourself).

Have a look at the link below from Samsung Support USA

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S9/Galaxy-s9-stuck-in-boot-and-update-loop/td-p/454653

You can try to Power Off the device & then Boot into Recovery and Wipe Cache (Power Off your device - Press & Hold Power + Bixby + Volume UP) until you feel the phone vibrate - Release ALL three buttons & wait until you see the Recovery Screen - Scroll down to Wipe Cache - Select it with the Power button - Wait a few seconds and then click on Reboot - See if your phone restarts the Update process 🤞

If your device resumes in the same state as before - ie: It's stuck on updating & rebooting - Boot back into Recovery & This time - Scroll down to Factory Reset & Select with the Power button ***NOTE***
This will Wipe your Apps & Data & return your device to the same state as when you first received it and will Boot to the Samsung Welcome screen - Hopefully you have a Smart Switch backup?

If after a Factory Reset your phone is able to successfully complete the Update - Then after you have completed the initial sign in to your account - Open the Play Store & Download Smart Switch & Restore your Apps & Settings etc.

Let me know if need further assistance if you decide to download the Samsung Firmware & Odin etc 🐧

0 Likes
happytraveller
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
thank you for the info, yes i would like try samsung firmwear and odin, although this is a phone near Livonia I am I had problem since the beginning with it at Samsung Service Center they have already changed the core once. I will try your path and if it doesn't work I will go and smash the phone at their door. all this is too much for 1 year
0 Likes