Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

samsung new user

(Topic created on: 10-11-2019 07:51 AM)
tacdas
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note
Hello I want to know if it's okay to drain my phone and charge it for a few hours. And also os it better to turn off your phone when u are in sleep? This is my second day using it thanks guys 4 comments
0 Likes
10 Comments
Galaxy Note
Hi tacdas, I am not sure if it is Okay to drain your phone and charge it again. I think is fine to do that. But What make you think you need to drain the phone and charge again?
tacdas
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
well people always tell me to drain the battery first and charge it till 8 or more hours even it is full just to make ur battery have a longitivity lifespan
0 Likes
Solution
matus201
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
Actually, that is completely wrong! Lithium-ion batteries, like the ones in all phones and laptops and modern electronics, don't like to be completely drained. They also don't like heat, so don't leave your phone sitting on direct sun.

So use your phone like normal, don't worry abou the battery, charge it whenever you need to. Do not drain the battery all the way on purpose!
0 Likes
tacdas
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
@matus201 so is it ok to charge it even its 85%???
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Hi tacdas, it is ok to charge it even its 85%. I sometimes charge my phone even at 96% because I need to plugin to use DeX (It charge my phone whenever I plugin to usb). So do not worry about when to charge your phone.
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Nowadays battery no need to do this anymore. You can charge and drain anytime.
Solution
Habsfan
Expert Level 2
Galaxy Note
to echo what @tallman said. I use my phone all day (charge if I have to) and wireless charge it at night and it barley turn it off, it's always on
tacdas
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
yeah dats what i was doing before but then i am thingking just to save its battery lifespan because when u always drain and charge it the battery lifespan decreses too
0 Likes
Solution
oooOmitoOooo
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note